How to emulate the Windows Logo key

Brian Bygland

      9th Oct 2003
I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key on its
keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the Windows key? I
really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.

Brian

Thorsten Matzner

      10th Oct 2003
Brian Bygland <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key on its
>keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the Windows key? I
>really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.

No, but you could assign a similar keyboard combination (like CTRL +
ALT + E) to the Windows Explorer shortcut in the Start Menu.

--
(tm)

Patrick

      11th Oct 2003
Brian Bygland wrote:
> I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key
> on its keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the
> Windows key? I really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.
>
> Brian

Thiere is a combination that does so, but (guess what) I don't know what it
is (saw it a few days ago).
I'll see if I can find it !

Patrick

      11th Oct 2003
Patrick wrote:
> Brian Bygland wrote:
>> I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key
>> on its keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the
>> Windows key? I really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.
>>
>> Brian

> Thiere is a combination that does so, but (guess what) I don't know
> what it is (saw it a few days ago).
> I'll see if I can find it !

It appears that Ctrl+Esc will emulate the Win-key, but only in so far as to
open the 'start' menu (no further keys can be combined).

Gary Tsang

      11th Oct 2003
Hi,

IBM has a utility called the "Thinkpad Keyboard Customizer Utility", this
utility allows you to change say the right alt or ctrl key to the Windows
key, or to the applications key.
It can be downloaded here.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...&cc=us&lang=en

The supported ThinkPad models for this utility are:
The following ThinkPad systems are supporte d:
- ThinkPad A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22m, A22p, A22e
- ThinkPad A30, A30p, A31, A31p
- ThinkPad G40
- ThinkPad R30, R31, R32
- ThinkPad R40, R40e
- ThinkPad T20, T21, T22, T23
- ThinkPad T30
- ThinkPad T40, T40p
- ThinkPad X20, X21, X22, X23, X24
- ThinkPad X30, X31

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Brian Bygland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...