Emails sent through Exchange/Outlook slowed and require click

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpbGxpdW05Nw==?=

      12th Nov 2007
Hi
I have an Access 2003 database that we use once a year to send individual
emails to all our volunteers (appx 1500) so they can verify their information
and hours they've volunteered. The access database uses the user's outlook.
This works fine when I test it from home because I'm not on Exchange at home,
but when we run it from the office, and through Exchange, Exchange (via
Outlook) adds a seven-second wait and the user has to click for each email
sent. This is on top of the Outlook warning about automated email, giving
her 10 minutes she can send per set. I can live with that Outlook warning
(although it would be wonderful to rid us of that as well), but the 7 second
wait and click per email is unacceptable. I have searched a lot and can't
find the answer - I'm probably using the wrong key words. Finally have to
post a question. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Tony Toews [MVP]

      12th Nov 2007
Trillium97 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>I have an Access 2003 database that we use once a year to send individual
>emails to all our volunteers (appx 1500) so they can verify their information
>and hours they've volunteered. The access database uses the user's outlook.
>This works fine when I test it from home because I'm not on Exchange at home,
>but when we run it from the office, and through Exchange, Exchange (via
>Outlook) adds a seven-second wait and the user has to click for each email
>sent. This is on top of the Outlook warning about automated email, giving
>her 10 minutes she can send per set.

See the Outlook specific links at the Access Email FAQ at my website.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/outlook.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP