email verifier

=?Utf-8?B?YmluZHVyYWplZXNo?=

      6th Nov 2007
I am trying to verify a table of emails with 3300 records. What would the
vba code look like to get that done. Thank you.

bin

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

      6th Nov 2007
Verify it for what?
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"bindurajeesh" wrote:

> I am trying to verify a table of emails with 3300 records. What would the
> vba code look like to get that done. Thank you.
>
> bin

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

      6th Nov 2007
If you are looking to validate the email address itself then take a look at

http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/m...00011#valemail
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"bindurajeesh" wrote:

> I am trying to verify a table of emails with 3300 records. What would the
> vba code look like to get that done. Thank you.
>
> bin

=?Utf-8?B?YmluZHVyYWplZXNo?=

      6th Nov 2007
Thanks Daniel. This looks like it checks to see if the email structure is
correct. I need something that will loop through my table and determine if
an email in the list even exists.

bin

"Daniel" wrote:

> If you are looking to validate the email address itself then take a look at
>
> http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/m...00011#valemail
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel P
>

> "bindurajeesh" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to verify a table of emails with 3300 records. What would the
> > vba code look like to get that done. Thank you.
> >
> > bin

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

      6th Nov 2007
You need to explain your needs better when you create your post

So all you need is a loop function that goes through your recordsets. there
are tons of examples within this very forum.

Something like
'Start on last and move backwards----------------------------------------
'require dao ref library
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Temp01")
If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then 'ensure there is data
rst.MoveFirst 'goto the 1st recordset
Do Until rst.EOF 'End of file
if rst![EmailFieldName] = "(E-Mail Removed)"
'do something when they match
end if
rst.MoveNext
Loop
Else
MsgBox "There are no records in the table", vbInformation
End If

You could also use find/seek (google them to find more info)
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"bindurajeesh" wrote:

> Thanks Daniel. This looks like it checks to see if the email structure is
> correct. I need something that will loop through my table and determine if
> an email in the list even exists.
>
> bin
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> > If you are looking to validate the email address itself then take a look at
> >
> > http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=0000000011#valemail
> > --
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Daniel P
> >

> > "bindurajeesh" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to verify a table of emails with 3300 records. What would the
> > > vba code look like to get that done. Thank you.
> > >
> > > bin

=?Utf-8?B?YmluZHVyYWplZXNo?=

      6th Nov 2007
Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go throught
the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would it
bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the table
I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing plans to
those individuals. I have googled and am not coming up with much as far as
actual code to do the verifying of the the validitiy of emails I have. This
would probably be a good add-on to outlook if microsoft wanted to do it.
Thank you.

"Daniel" wrote:

> You need to explain your needs better when you create your post
>
> So all you need is a loop function that goes through your recordsets. there
> are tons of examples within this very forum.
>
> Something like
> 'Start on last and move backwards----------------------------------------
> 'require dao ref library
> Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
> Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Temp01")
> If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then 'ensure there is data
> rst.MoveFirst 'goto the 1st recordset
> Do Until rst.EOF 'End of file
> if rst![EmailFieldName] = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> 'do something when they match
> end if
> rst.MoveNext
> Loop
> Else
> MsgBox "There are no records in the table", vbInformation
> End If
>

> You could also use find/seek (google them to find more info)
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel P
>

> "bindurajeesh" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Daniel. This looks like it checks to see if the email structure is
> > correct. I need something that will loop through my table and determine if
> > an email in the list even exists.
> >
> > bin
> >
> > "Daniel" wrote:
> >
> > > If you are looking to validate the email address itself then take a look at
> > >
> > > http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php?lang=en&id=0000000011#valemail
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > Daniel P

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=

      6th Nov 2007
To my knowledge that is impossible. There is no way using some code (vba,
c++,php,....) to know if an e-mail address is still valid/exists. The only
way is to send an e-mail and see if it gets bounced back or not and ajust
your table entries in consequence.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

"bindurajeesh" wrote:

> Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go throught
> the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
> exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would it
> bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the table
> I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing plans to
> those individuals. I have googled and am not coming up with much as far as
> actual code to do the verifying of the the validitiy of emails I have. This
> would probably be a good add-on to outlook if microsoft wanted to do it.
> Thank you.
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
> > You need to explain your needs better when you create your post
> >
> > So all you need is a loop function that goes through your recordsets. there
> > are tons of examples within this very forum.
> >
> > Something like
> > 'Start on last and move backwards----------------------------------------
> > 'require dao ref library
> > Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
> > Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Temp01")
> > If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then 'ensure there is data
> > rst.MoveFirst 'goto the 1st recordset
> > Do Until rst.EOF 'End of file
> > if rst![EmailFieldName] = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> > 'do something when they match
> > end if
> > rst.MoveNext
> > Loop
> > Else
> > MsgBox "There are no records in the table", vbInformation
> > End If
> >

> > You could also use find/seek (google them to find more info)
> > --
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Daniel P
> >

> > "bindurajeesh" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Daniel. This looks like it checks to see if the email structure is
> > > correct. I need something that will loop through my table and determine if
> > > an email in the list even exists.
> > >
> > > bin

=?Utf-8?B?YmluZHVyYWplZXNo?=

      6th Nov 2007
sorry to hear that but thank you. I have over 3000 email addresses so going
through each one is really not a possibility. I do know there are programs
(fast email verifier etc) that do this but being a small company I am hard
pressed to spend money on something I will only be useing once. Thank you.

bin

"Daniel" wrote:

> To my knowledge that is impossible. There is no way using some code (vba,
> c++,php,....) to know if an e-mail address is still valid/exists. The only
> way is to send an e-mail and see if it gets bounced back or not and ajust
> your table entries in consequence.
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Daniel P
>

> "bindurajeesh" wrote:
>
> > Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go throught
> > the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
> > exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would it
> > bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the table
> > I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing plans to
> > those individuals. I have googled and am not coming up with much as far as
> > actual code to do the verifying of the the validitiy of emails I have. This
> > would probably be a good add-on to outlook if microsoft wanted to do it.
> > Thank you.
> >
> > "Daniel" wrote:
> >
> > > You need to explain your needs better when you create your post
> > >
> > > So all you need is a loop function that goes through your recordsets. there
> > > are tons of examples within this very forum.
> > >
> > > Something like
> > > 'Start on last and move backwards----------------------------------------
> > > 'require dao ref library
> > > Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
> > > Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Temp01")
> > > If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then 'ensure there is data
> > > rst.MoveFirst 'goto the 1st recordset
> > > Do Until rst.EOF 'End of file
> > > if rst![EmailFieldName] = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> > > 'do something when they match
> > > end if
> > > rst.MoveNext
> > > Loop
> > > Else
> > > MsgBox "There are no records in the table", vbInformation
> > > End If
> > >

> > > You could also use find/seek (google them to find more info)
> > > --
> > > Hope this helps,
> > >
> > > Daniel P

John Spencer

      6th Nov 2007
So what is the cost of sending an email out that gets bounced?

In other words, if the email bounces what harm does it do? What will you do
if the email does bounce? Will you attempt to contact the person/company by
other means?

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"bindurajeesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sorry to hear that but thank you. I have over 3000 email addresses so
> going
> through each one is really not a possibility. I do know there are
> programs
> (fast email verifier etc) that do this but being a small company I am hard
> pressed to spend money on something I will only be useing once. Thank
> you.
>
> bin
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
>> To my knowledge that is impossible. There is no way using some code
>> (vba,
>> c++,php,....) to know if an e-mail address is still valid/exists. The
>> only
>> way is to send an e-mail and see if it gets bounced back or not and ajust
>> your table entries in consequence.
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Daniel P
>>

>> "bindurajeesh" wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go
>> > throught
>> > the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
>> > exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would
>> > it
>> > bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the
>> > table
>> > I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing
>> > plans to
>> > those individuals. I have googled and am not coming up with much as
>> > far as
>> > actual code to do the verifying of the the validitiy of emails I have.
>> > This
>> > would probably be a good add-on to outlook if microsoft wanted to do
>> > it.
>> > Thank you.

Tony Toews [MVP]

      11th Nov 2007
bindurajeesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sorry I am not making myself clear as to what I want. I want to go throught
>the record set and test each email to determine if that email actually
>exists. -- could I send an email to that person if I wanted to or would it
>bounce back as no longer in existence. I know the emails exist in the table
>I want to determine whether they are still useable to send marketing plans to
>those individuals.

And spammers would love that functionality. Assuming they even cared
that much.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP