email attachments

Paula

      14th Nov 2003
I am having a terrible time with Hot Mail. When I send
an attachment, I cannot open it. The window that pops up
will only allow me to "save to disk" the "open" button is
grayed out. My attachments also end with .lnk

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      14th Nov 2003
Greetings Paula,

..lnk files are shortcuts -- they aren't actual files and should *not* be run (since they
commonly will cause damage to your computer).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Paula" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:07a001c3aa5c$6cb7bdc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having a terrible time with Hot Mail. When I send
> an attachment, I cannot open it. The window that pops up
> will only allow me to "save to disk" the "open" button is
> grayed out. My attachments also end with .lnk

Nutty

      14th Nov 2003
Hi,
I'm using Win Messenger V5 and maybe the suffix you're seeing is .ink. If
this is your problem and you are NOT using a Tablet to input, try this:-
In Win Messenger main window, Tools>Options>Preferences then clear the box
thats says "Allow Windows Messenger to recieve ink".
I've read somewhere that *.ink is the file type used for communication with
MS Tablet applications.
news:uAq3R%(E-Mail Removed)...