email attachment ATTOOOO1(0.3KB) & hey you.mht(1.3KB)

CindyO

      13th May 2010
not a computer wizard, Can anyone tell me what these are? I got it in a
returned email notification failure from who i sent an email to. I don't know
if they contain a virus or what, but i can't and don't wanna open them until
i know if they might be a virus . but i do know my email to this person came
back as a failure.

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      13th May 2010

Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your
problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database
product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. That said, there's
probably nothing of importance, I'd just delete it.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"CindyO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> not a computer wizard, Can anyone tell me what these are? I got it in a
> returned email notification failure from who i sent an email to. I don't
> know
> if they contain a virus or what, but i can't and don't wanna open them
> until
> i know if they might be a virus . but i do know my email to this person
> came
> back as a failure.

Dirk Goldgar

      13th May 2010
"CindyO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> not a computer wizard, Can anyone tell me what these are? I got it in a
> returned email notification failure from who i sent an email to. I don't
> know
> if they contain a virus or what, but i can't and don't wanna open them
> until
> i know if they might be a virus . but i do know my email to this person
> came
> back as a failure.

If you have an attachment named "hey you.mht", it may very well be a virus,
especially if it came in an e-mail bounce message and you didn't send a
message titled "hey you". It may be innocuous, but I would be very
suspicious and *not* open the attachment, nor view the e-mail in HTML
format.

Attachments of the form "ATT#####.htm" are usually the HTML-format version
of a message. You see this as an attachment when you view the message in
plain text. It isn't normally anything to worry about. However, in a
message that is already fishy, I wouldn't take any chances.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)