Editing user rights

Rodolfo Barbosa

      30th Dec 2007
Hi,

I have on my computer 3 acounts. The bild-in Administrator, my account and
my fionce's account. I would like to give her the right to burn CDs,
access/format/install memory stick devices, install activeX controls and run
any software installed on the machine. Otherwise, I wanna block her access to
install and uninstall softwares.

I've tryed GPEdit but every change that I've made affected all computer's
users, including the bild-in Administrator account. Is there any way to edit
only a specific user or group rights?

Thanks.

Bruce Chambers

      31st Dec 2007
Rodolfo Barbosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have on my computer 3 acounts. The bild-in Administrator, my account and
> my fionce's account. I would like to give her the right to burn CDs,
> access/format/install memory stick devices, install activeX controls and run
> any software installed on the machine. Otherwise, I wanna block her access to
> install and uninstall softwares.
>
> I've tryed GPEdit but every change that I've made affected all computer's
> users, including the bild-in Administrator account. Is there any way to edit
> only a specific user or group rights?
>
> Thanks.

Why not simply make your fiance's account a Limited User account?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Rodolfo Barbosa

      31st Dec 2007
> Why not simply make your fiance's account a Limited User account?

Because an Limiter User Account, do not allow her to use memory stick
devices and install new hardwares on PC.