editing outlook.nk2 file to remove bad addresses

Joel Bellman

      29th Jan 2004
I understand that Outlook 2002 uses the outlook.nk2 file
to store details of previously used email addresses. It
then uses this to suggest addresses for the
autocompletion function.

I have a large number of contacts whose company has
recently changed its domain suffix, and also a few cases
where I typed a wrong address that got bounced back.

How do I edit the nk2 file to remove these entries so
that Outlook no longer suggests them in autocompletion?
It isn't usable in Notepad or any text editor. I don't
want to turn the feature off, but it is now clogged up
with addresses that I know are incorrect.

Regards,
JB

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      29th Jan 2004
Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q287623

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:656101c3e65e$7da11990$(E-Mail Removed)...