Editing Labels in Public Calendars

=?Utf-8?B?QW15Qg==?=

      2nd Mar 2007
I know how to edit a label for my calendar to change that the color
signifies. Our firm uses a public calendar to which we all have access. I
want to edit the label colors for the public calendar to assign a particular
color to each individual so we can see at a glance what entry is for who. The
edit label feature is grayed out. How can I obtain "permission" from Outlook
to change the labels?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      2nd Mar 2007
Only a folder owner can make such changes. Ask the owner to grant you owner permission.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"AmyB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know how to edit a label for my calendar to change that the color
> signifies. Our firm uses a public calendar to which we all have access. I
> want to edit the label colors for the public calendar to assign a particular
> color to each individual so we can see at a glance what entry is for who. The
> edit label feature is grayed out. How can I obtain "permission" from Outlook
> to change the labels?

=?Utf-8?B?QW15Qg==?=

      2nd Mar 2007
We all technically own the calendar. Do I have to change the permission
settings on each user's account?

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Only a folder owner can make such changes. Ask the owner to grant you owner permission.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm
> and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "AmyB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I know how to edit a label for my calendar to change that the color
> > signifies. Our firm uses a public calendar to which we all have access. I
> > want to edit the label colors for the public calendar to assign a particular
> > color to each individual so we can see at a glance what entry is for who. The
> > edit label feature is grayed out. How can I obtain "permission" from Outlook
> > to change the labels?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      2nd Mar 2007
But does "we all technically own the calendar" mean that you have the actual Owner permission? I wouldn't assume that without looking at the Permission tab on the folder's Properties dialog.

Since color label names are stored in the folder, changing them needs to be done only once.