Editing contacts in card view

Lenox

      4th Apr 2010
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to preventing editing contacts in CARD or
DETAILED CARD view?

Thanks -Lenox

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

      5th Apr 2010
"Lenox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In Outlook 2003, is there a way to preventing editing contacts in CARD or
> DETAILED CARD view?

If you can edit them from one view, you can edit them from any view. If the
contacts belong to the person who wishes to edit, you cannot prevent them from
being able to edit. If the contacts are in a shared folder, you can prevent
them from editing from any view by removing their editing rights from the
folder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Sue Mosher [MVP]

      9th Apr 2010
In the settings for the View, under Other Settings, there's an option to turn
off in-cell editing.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP