Edited signature, now some ActiveX object is embeded. How to remove?

Grahammer

      26th Oct 2004
Using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP SP1...

I edited my signature, using the advanced editor (Word), and now whenever I
try and send an email I get a warning that my ActiveX security level
prevents running controls on this page... Well, I didn't add any controls
and no matter what I do I can't get rid of this...

Looking at a new message, my signature has some kind of object above it. I
don't know how it got there, nor how to get rid of it. It does not appear
when I edit my signature. My messages are formatted as HTML.

Looking at the source for a new message I see the following:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name="Street"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name="PostalCode"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name="State"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name="City"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name="address"></o:SmartTagType>
<OBJECT id=ieooui
classid=clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D></OBJECT>

1) I don't want these stupid smarttags because we don't even use them.
2) What is this object and how do I get it out of my signature?

Is there a location where the signature is stored so I can edit it in
another editor?

Roady [MVP]

      26th Oct 2004
Sure, changing your default HTML editor also helps ;-)
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures

Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Grahammer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP SP1...
>
> I edited my signature, using the advanced editor (Word), and now whenever
> try and send an email I get a warning that my ActiveX security level
> prevents running controls on this page... Well, I didn't add any controls
> and no matter what I do I can't get rid of this...
>
> Looking at a new message, my signature has some kind of object above it. I
> don't know how it got there, nor how to get rid of it. It does not appear
> when I edit my signature. My messages are formatted as HTML.
>
> Looking at the source for a new message I see the following:
>
> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
> "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:SmartTagType
> namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
> name="Street"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
> namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
> name="PostalCode"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
> namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
> name="State"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
> namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
> name="City"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType
> namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
> name="address"></o:SmartTagType>
> <OBJECT id=ieooui
> classid=clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D></OBJECT>
>
> 1) I don't want these stupid smarttags because we don't even use them.
> 2) What is this object and how do I get it out of my signature?
>
> Is there a location where the signature is stored so I can edit it in
> another editor?

Grahammer

      26th Oct 2004
Thanks!