Ebay Website not displaying properly

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBUc2Nocml0dGVy?=

      22nd Jan 2005
I cannot access the Ebay website properly. When accessing this site, I get a
page that is differently formated than when using Netscape, and this page
also shows several little boxes with x's in them??? This only appears to be a
problem when accessing Ebay!!!It's probably one of the settings in the
Internet Options section, but I don't know which. I would appreciate any help
in this matter.

Don Varnau

      23rd Jan 2005
Hi,
Most ebay pages involve scripts/scripting. Check that another program isn't
blocking scripts. Some of those programs are listed at
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Putting *.ebay.com in Trusted Sites may help- if you trust ebay ;-)

Refreshing your scripting engine may help. Look for the appropriate download
(for your version of Windows) at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ist/webdev.asp

Something in this article may help
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Dave Tschritter" <DaveTschritter[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I cannot access the Ebay website properly. When accessing this site, I get

> page that is differently formated than when using Netscape, and this page
> also shows several little boxes with x's in them??? This only appears to

be a
> problem when accessing Ebay!!!It's probably one of the settings in the
> Internet Options section, but I don't know which. I would appreciate any

help
> in this matter.

=?Utf-8?B?TEVFQkxBQ0tNMw==?=

      2nd Feb 2005
I too had problems with the Ebay site when listing items for sale with the
IE6 browser. Tried everything, including communicating with Ebay techs.
Eventually I downloaded the "Firefox" browser (which I use exclusively for
Ebay) and have not had a problem since. Firefox is slow but it is sure.
Perhaps that is your best route.