PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

East Asian Language Pack

 
 
James
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Jul 2009
I recently got a virus on my computer and got it fixed. However, I had to
reinstall my operating system. When I got my computer back, the East Asian
languages could no longer be added.
Like others, I tried adding and got a prompt telling me to insert a Windows
XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD.
I ordered the CD. It costed $10.99 including shipping and handling (here is
where I'm complaining). Now, the installation for the East Asian languages
make it halfway before it AGAIN prompts me to insert the CD. My computer does
not seem to have a c:\i386 or a c:\windows\i386.
Could anyone tell me how to use the CD properly? I tried redirecting the
prompt through the CD and tried installing the CD, but nothing has worked.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PA Bear [MS MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Jul 2009
Sounds like you did a Repair Install, not a Clean Install, James. Only the
latter will resolve your infections.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

James wrote:
> I recently got a virus on my computer and got it fixed. However, I had to
> reinstall my operating system. When I got my computer back, the East Asian
> languages could no longer be added.
> Like others, I tried adding and got a prompt telling me to insert a
> Windows
> XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD.
> I ordered the CD. It costed $10.99 including shipping and handling (here
> is
> where I'm complaining). Now, the installation for the East Asian languages
> make it halfway before it AGAIN prompts me to insert the CD. My computer
> does not seem to have a c:\i386 or a c:\windows\i386.
> Could anyone tell me how to use the CD properly? I tried redirecting the
> prompt through the CD and tried installing the CD, but nothing has worked.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Jul 2009
Mmm. But is there anyway to reinstall the East Asian language pack? I have
the CD and all.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Sounds like you did a Repair Install, not a Clean Install, James. Only the
> latter will resolve your infections.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
> James wrote:
> > I recently got a virus on my computer and got it fixed. However, I had to
> > reinstall my operating system. When I got my computer back, the East Asian
> > languages could no longer be added.
> > Like others, I tried adding and got a prompt telling me to insert a
> > Windows
> > XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD.
> > I ordered the CD. It costed $10.99 including shipping and handling (here
> > is
> > where I'm complaining). Now, the installation for the East Asian languages
> > make it halfway before it AGAIN prompts me to insert the CD. My computer
> > does not seem to have a c:\i386 or a c:\windows\i386.
> > Could anyone tell me how to use the CD properly? I tried redirecting the
> > prompt through the CD and tried installing the CD, but nothing has worked.

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
PA Bear [MS MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Jul 2009
Have you done a Clean Install yet?

James wrote:
> Mmm. But is there anyway to reinstall the East Asian language pack? I have
> the CD and all.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Sounds like you did a Repair Install, not a Clean Install, James. Only
>> the
>> latter will resolve your infections.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>> James wrote:
>>> I recently got a virus on my computer and got it fixed. However, I had
>>> to
>>> reinstall my operating system. When I got my computer back, the East
>>> Asian
>>> languages could no longer be added.
>>> Like others, I tried adding and got a prompt telling me to insert a
>>> Windows
>>> XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD.
>>> I ordered the CD. It costed $10.99 including shipping and handling (here
>>> is
>>> where I'm complaining). Now, the installation for the East Asian
>>> languages
>>> make it halfway before it AGAIN prompts me to insert the CD. My computer
>>> does not seem to have a c:\i386 or a c:\windows\i386.
>>> Could anyone tell me how to use the CD properly? I tried redirecting the
>>> prompt through the CD and tried installing the CD, but nothing has
>>> worked.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
east asian language pack gord Windows XP Help 0 28th Oct 2009 10:05 PM
east asian language pack bwill757 Windows XP Help 1 7th Mar 2006 07:39 AM
East Asian Language Pack bwill757 Windows XP Setup 0 6th Mar 2006 10:54 PM
Windows XP and East Asian language pack Jordan Windows XP Customization 3 27th Aug 2004 02:14 AM
Installing East Asian language pack =?Utf-8?B?ZGhhcm1hZGF0YQ==?= Windows XP General 1 27th Aug 2004 01:56 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:25 AM.