E-mail deleted after reading

Ed

      2nd Feb 2010
After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly
deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and
they are not in any other folder.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Bruce Hagen

      2nd Feb 2010
While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to
Show All Messages.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly
> deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to
> and
> they are not in any other folder.
>
> Any idea on how to resolve this?

mac

      2nd Feb 2010

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly
> deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and
> they are not in any other folder.
>
> Any idea on how to resolve this?

View>current view, disable 'hide read messages'.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Steve Cochran

      3rd Feb 2010
For some reason people are posting more about this here than they ever did
in OE. Very strange.

steve

"Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to
> Show All Messages.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly
>> deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and
>> they are not in any other folder.
>>
>> Any idea on how to resolve this?

Bruce Hagen

      3rd Feb 2010
The latest update included a new breed of gremlins. <eg>
--
~Bruce

"Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason people are posting more about this here than they ever
> did in OE. Very strange.
>
> steve
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to
>> Show All Messages.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is
>>> automaticly
>>> deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to
>>> and
>>> they are not in any other folder.
>>>
>>> Any idea on how to resolve this?

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

      3rd Feb 2010

What update? Windows Mail has essentially not received any updates.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The latest update included a new breed of gremlins. <eg>
> --
> ~Bruce
>

> "Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For some reason people are posting more about this here than they ever
>> did in OE. Very strange.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to
>>> Show All Messages.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Bruce Hagen

      3rd Feb 2010
A "Gremlin" update, Gary. You know. Those little creatures that MS builds
in to screw up their e-mail clients. They were all over Outlook Express.
(It was meant to be humorous. <eg> = evil grin).
--
~Bruce

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
What update? Windows Mail has essentially not received any updates.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen

"Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The latest update included a new breed of gremlins. <eg>
> --
> ~Bruce
>

> "Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> For some reason people are posting more about this here than they ever
>> did in OE. Very strange.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to
>>> Show All Messages.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Steve Cochran

      4th Feb 2010
Gary didn't get the full OE experience. <G>

steve

"Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A "Gremlin" update, Gary. You know. Those little creatures that MS builds
>in to screw up their e-mail clients. They were all over Outlook Express.
>(It was meant to be humorous. <eg> = evil grin).
> --
> ~Bruce
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What update? Windows Mail has essentially not received any updates.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...le/vandermolen
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The latest update included a new breed of gremlins. <eg>
>> --
>> ~Bruce
>>

>> "Steve Cochran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> For some reason people are posting more about this here than they ever
>>> did in OE. Very strange.
>>>
>>> steve
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Adriana

      10th Mar 2010

"Ed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly
> deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and
> they are not in any other folder.
>
> Any idea on how to resolve this?

New Member

      12th Mar 2010
Well, these types of issues occur at the time of updation. So, you should have been backed up the important mails before performing the updation. Any way, since you have not backed up and lost the emails, I hope they are not overwritten by other data’s. Because then only you will be able to recover the mails. Use Deleted Email Recovery software and see if your problem gets resolved.

All the best!