DYNU.com down. Need DNS. Any Suggestions?

a144mb

      28th Sep 2008
I used to access my home computer from work using RDP into my Cable/Mode into
my Linksys Wireless-G router. Both PCs were Windows XP, SP2; over Windows
2003 networks. It was a set-it and forget-it type of configuration through
DYNU.COM for DNS and it ran smoothly. Got it by word of mouth and most of
all, it was FREE and very-very reliable! Regrettably, I got laid off from
that job six months ago and really didn't need to RDP into my home PC since I
was home. Now I have a new job, want to work remotely again and I went back
to that free site DYNU.COM but it's no longer available. Heard it went down
in flames. Does anyone here in the forums know of a comparable site that is
free and not a 30-day trial or tack on any petty payment schemes like that? I
know our US economy's bad and everyone's looking to get paid for services now
a days, but does anyone know of a comparable site to register for FREE DNS?
Thanks in advance for your response(s)!!

Nepatsfan

      28th Sep 2008
"a144mb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used to access my home computer from work using RDP into my Cable/Mode
>into
> my Linksys Wireless-G router. Both PCs were Windows XP, SP2; over Windows
> 2003 networks. It was a set-it and forget-it type of configuration through
> DYNU.COM for DNS and it ran smoothly. Got it by word of mouth and most of
> all, it was FREE and very-very reliable! Regrettably, I got laid off from
> that job six months ago and really didn't need to RDP into my home PC
> since I
> was home. Now I have a new job, want to work remotely again and I went
> back
> to that free site DYNU.COM but it's no longer available. Heard it went
> down
> in flames. Does anyone here in the forums know of a comparable site that
> is
> free and not a 30-day trial or tack on any petty payment schemes like
> that? I
> know our US economy's bad and everyone's looking to get paid for services
> now
> a days, but does anyone know of a comparable site to register for FREE
> DNS?
> Thanks in advance for your response(s)!!

No-IP Free
http://www.no-ip.com/services/manage...namic_dns.html

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Shenan Stanley

      28th Sep 2008

Nepatsfan wrote:
> No-IP Free
> http://www.no-ip.com/services/manage...namic_dns.html

http://www.dyndns.com/
( Get five (5) hostnames in 88 available domains for free. )

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP