DVD Players Freeze up on W2000 SP4

=?Utf-8?B?ZmVuc3RlcmxpcHM=?=

      7th Apr 2005
I'm having freeze-ups on a clean W2000 SP4 machine trying to run either Blaze
DVD 3.0 or 3.5 Pro or even the Real Player v10.

Any ideas on where to find the problem?

Thanks....

DL

      8th Apr 2005
Vid.card driver?

"fensterlips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having freeze-ups on a clean W2000 SP4 machine trying to run either

Blaze
> DVD 3.0 or 3.5 Pro or even the Real Player v10.
>
> Any ideas on where to find the problem?
>
> Thanks....

=?Utf-8?B?ZmVuc3RlcmxpcHM=?=

      8th Apr 2005
I loaded the latest intel Drivers. I'm using a Tyan Tomcat micro-ATX m-board
that uses the Intel 845GL chipset, so -- onboard video ( and the case is a
low rise so I can't fit anything over 1/2 height -- and only PCI slots!).

It's not heavy gaming so I'm not too worried. The funny thing is that
occasionally "Chapter One" has played and then the app freezes.

I've increased the Video aperture size, but not sure what else I can tweak.

I'm going to run a "Windows Startup Monitor - freeware version of msconfig -
to see if I shut everything non MS down it runs then - but I'm short on ideas.

Details? I'm running W2000 SP4 (5.0 2195)with DirectX 9.0c and Media Player
9.0

Thanks for the help.

"DL" wrote:

> Vid.card driver?
>
> "fensterlips" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm having freeze-ups on a clean W2000 SP4 machine trying to run either

> Blaze
> > DVD 3.0 or 3.5 Pro or even the Real Player v10.
> >
> > Any ideas on where to find the problem?
> >
> > Thanks....

DL

      9th Apr 2005
You can download msconfig here
http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/msconfig.html
Does dxdiag show any problems? (sys32 folder)