DVD / CD Playback Video & Audio Choppy

metochoi

      4th Mar 2008
This is the case no matter which program I use for play back. It kind of
just jostles along. This happened a year ago and the HP woman, if I
remember, had me uninstall the driver, which I did again this time, but to
no avail. I also bought a DVD cleaner which did nothing. This may sound
stupid, but both times this happened after watching the same movie a year
apart. Please Help!

Paul

      4th Mar 2008
metochoi wrote:
> This is the case no matter which program I use for play back. It kind of
> just jostles along. This happened a year ago and the HP woman, if I
> remember, had me uninstall the driver, which I did again this time, but to
> no avail. I also bought a DVD cleaner which did nothing. This may sound
> stupid, but both times this happened after watching the same movie a year
> apart. Please Help!

You known the name of the DVD movie title, and should Google it, for information
such as the following. Some media installs its own software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_So...ection_scandal

Paul

metochoi

      5th Mar 2008
No problems on the internet with this problem and the wiki article while
interesting seems to refering to Sony DVD's, if I am not mistaken. I also
downloaded PowerDVD and still had the same problem

"Paul" wrote:

> metochoi wrote:
> > This is the case no matter which program I use for play back. It kind of
> > just jostles along. This happened a year ago and the HP woman, if I
> > remember, had me uninstall the driver, which I did again this time, but to
> > no avail. I also bought a DVD cleaner which did nothing. This may sound
> > stupid, but both times this happened after watching the same movie a year
> > apart. Please Help!

> You known the name of the DVD movie title, and should Google it, for information
> such as the following. Some media installs its own software.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_So...ection_scandal
>
> Paul

New Orleans Novice

      6th Mar 2008
After having the same problem, I DL'ed DVD Fab HD Decripter. COpied the DVD
to the HD. Watched it and it works perfect. My DVD player is worn out.
The new one was only $40.00 and the playback errors went away.
--
Thanks from New Orleans, enjoy your Gumbo

metochoi

      6th Mar 2008
You Rock! Actually I downloaded the program and it asked me if wanted to
"enable DMA." So I said to myself , "Why not?" and when it restarted it ran
perfectly. Thanks a billion!!

metochoi wrote:
> You Rock! Actually I downloaded the program and it asked me if wanted to
> "enable DMA." So I said to myself , "Why not?" and when it restarted it ran
> perfectly. Thanks a billion!!

There is a reason that can happen. If you have a problem in the future,
the "workaround" section here may help.