duplex printing with HP2015D Laserjet Printer?

aaronep@pacbell.net

      14th Oct 2007
I see HP is advertising their HP2015D duplex laser printer now for
reasonable price of $275 after rebates.

Does anyone have one that is using the automatic duplex feature? I
am wondering if the printers mechanism that first spits out a sheet of
paper and then draws the sheet back in for printing on the second side
works without breaking down. It appears to be a feature that is
vulnerable to failure.

All replies, posts, opinions, info, etc. welcomed! Aaron

Tony

      14th Oct 2007
>I see HP is advertising their HP2015D duplex laser printer now for
>reasonable price of $275 after rebates.
>
>Does anyone have one that is using the automatic duplex feature? I
>am wondering if the printers mechanism that first spits out a sheet of
>paper and then draws the sheet back in for printing on the second side
>works without breaking down. It appears to be a feature that is
>vulnerable to failure.
>
>All replies, posts, opinions, info, etc. welcomed! Aaron

This printer has a "false" paper tray between the printer body and the cassette
paper tray. When duplexing the page emerges a short distance from the printer
and then is turned around in that false tray. The duplexing path is simple and
effective, very unlikely to fail.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

rhon

      15th Oct 2007
You might check the dates on the rebate. I purchased an HP P2015DN
recently and that rebate ended last month. Perhaps they have a new
promotion.

I only did a single test using the duplexer so I don't have an
opinion on the sturdiness.

Oh, and if you purchase over the internet and submit the rebate,
check the status frequently. They make you call unless you sent
an original receipt.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I see HP is advertising their HP2015D duplex laser printer now for
> reasonable price of $275 after rebates.
>
> All replies, posts, opinions, info, etc. welcomed! Aaron

aaronep@pacbell.net

      16th Oct 2007
On Oct 15, 11:29 am, rhon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You might check the dates on the rebate. I purchased an HP P2015DN
> recently and that rebate ended last month. Perhaps they have a new
> promotion.
>
> I only did a single test using the duplexer so I don't have an
> opinion on the sturdiness.
>
> Oh, and if you purchase over the internet and submit the rebate,
> check the status frequently. They make you call unless you sent
> an original receipt.
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I see HP is advertising their HP2015D duplex laser printer now for
> > reasonable price of $275 after rebates.

> > All replies, posts, opinions, info, etc. welcomed! Aaron

Hi Rhon: they DID extend the rebate for a few more months. In the
past HP has been fairly responsible in mailing rebate checks in a
timely fashion. I can't say this for other entities. Please keep
my post in mind & let me know how well your printer is working a month
from now! best, Aaron