Dumping list of folder contents into spreadsheet

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZSBhdCBTYXBwaSBGaW5lIFBhcGVy?=

      2nd Apr 2007
I would like to be able to dump into a spreadsheet a list of all files within
a specified folder. Is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated -
thanks

Don Guillett

      2nd Apr 2007
Have a look in the vba help index for DIR

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
>I would like to be able to dump into a spreadsheet a list of all files
>within
> a specified folder. Is this possible? Any help would be much
> appreciated -
> thanks

Bob Phillips

      2nd Apr 2007
See http://tinyurl.com/28qhcj

--
HTH

Bob

"Pete at Sappi Fine Paper" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>I would like to be able to dump into a spreadsheet a list of all files
>within
> a specified folder. Is this possible? Any help would be much
> appreciated -
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZSBhdCBTYXBwaSBGaW5lIFBhcGVy?=

      2nd Apr 2007
You are awesome - thank you!!!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Have a look in the vba help index for DIR
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> (E-Mail Removed)
> "Pete at Sappi Fine Paper" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I would like to be able to dump into a spreadsheet a list of all files
> >within
> > a specified folder. Is this possible? Any help would be much
> > appreciated -
> > thanks

Gord Dibben

      2nd Apr 2007
Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best if importing to
Excel.

To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom
features.

OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
Type DIR >MYFILES.TXT

All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or
Excel.

One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull
directly to Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering
and sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-ins>Directory
Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 13:00:00 -0700, Pete at Sappi Fine Paper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to be able to dump into a spreadsheet a list of all files within
>a specified folder. Is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated -
>thanks

Don Guillett

      2nd Apr 2007
Glad to help. If feels better when you have to learn a bit about how to do
it, doesn't it?