John Callaway

      1st Nov 2009
I have a new DELL laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 OS. Will I
have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this
computer and make it a dual boot?

JPC

Rich Barry

      2nd Nov 2009
Win7 like WinVista should allow for a Dual Boot. So, No Conflict.
"John Callaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a new DELL laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 OS. Will I
> have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this
> computer and make it a dual boot?
>
> JPC

Roy Smith

      2nd Nov 2009
John Callaway wrote:
> I have a new DELL laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 OS. Will I
> have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this
> computer and make it a dual boot?

Yes you can have Win7 and XP in a dual boot situation. I did it when
Win7 was in beat and didn't have any problems. Though there's just one
thing to keep in mind, and will make things a lot easier in the long
run. Install WinXP first, then Win7. But if you're buying a new pc
that has Win 7 already installed, then go by this tutorial to dual boot
with xp and 7.
http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_v...step_guide.htm

Although it says it's for Vista, the same steps will apply for Win7.