Driver wont install "Has not passed Windows logo testing"?!?!?!?!?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuX01pY3p5aw==?=

      29th Dec 2004
I have been trying to install a driver for my D-Link VGA Webcam, however
after finding the driver it says "The software you are trying to install has
not passed the windows logo testing... The hardware will not be
installed.Contact your system administrator" and DOSNT give me the option to
'install anaway' even though I AM the system administrator!

Windows support cant help me with a work around, can anybody else?

=?Utf-8?B?TGFyZ2VOb3N0cmls?=

      29th Dec 2004
If you haven't already done so, try getting the latest drivers from the
D-Link website (http://support.dlink.com/downloads). My friend had a D-Link
wireless adapter that did the same thing and getting the new drivers fixed
it. If that still doesn't work, you might want to post your question on the
TechIMO forum (http://www.techimo.com/forum/index.php), a lot of good help
there. Good luck.

"Dan_Miczyk" wrote:

> I have been trying to install a driver for my D-Link VGA Webcam, however
> after finding the driver it says "The software you are trying to install has
> not passed the windows logo testing... The hardware will not be
> installed.Contact your system administrator" and DOSNT give me the option to
> 'install anaway' even though I AM the system administrator!
>
> Windows support cant help me with a work around, can anybody else?

=?Utf-8?B?Qk1SNzc3?=

      29th Dec 2004
Are you running Win XP Pro? Did somebody alter the group policy settings?

Open gpedit.msc (Start>Run>gpedit.msc), in there there somewhere there is a
setting for Digitally Signed and Tested Drivers and the appropriat action.
The default value should be "Warn but allow installation".

BMR777

scotty

      29th Dec 2004
Hi

Go into My Computer properties and select the hardware tab. Click Driver
Signing and either click Igore or Warn not Block.

"Dan_Miczyk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been trying to install a driver for my D-Link VGA Webcam, however
> after finding the driver it says "The software you are trying to install
> has
> not passed the windows logo testing... The hardware will not be
> installed.Contact your system administrator" and DOSNT give me the option
> 'install anaway' even though I AM the system administrator!
>
> Windows support cant help me with a work around, can anybody else?

=?Utf-8?B?c21pbGVz?=

      3rd Jan 2007
Does this also apply to installing modems for instance a motorola phone
modem? I am desperate to know since I keep getting that message and
additionally it warns that the system may not work properly if I install

"scotty" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Go into My Computer properties and select the hardware tab. Click Driver
> Signing and either click Igore or Warn not Block.
>

> "Dan_Miczyk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have been trying to install a driver for my D-Link VGA Webcam, however
> > after finding the driver it says "The software you are trying to install
> > has
> > not passed the windows logo testing... The hardware will not be
> > installed.Contact your system administrator" and DOSNT give me the option
> > 'install anaway' even though I AM the system administrator!
> >
> > Windows support cant help me with a work around, can anybody else?

=?Utf-8?B?c21pbGVz?=

      3rd Jan 2007
Ok ignore what I wrote initially since I was able to do a 'workaround' as was
suggested and it worked. Thanks again

"smiles" wrote:

> Does this also apply to installing modems for instance a motorola phone
> modem? I am desperate to know since I keep getting that message and
> additionally it warns that the system may not work properly if I install
>
> "scotty" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Go into My Computer properties and select the hardware tab. Click Driver
> > Signing and either click Igore or Warn not Block.
> >

> > "Dan_Miczyk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I have been trying to install a driver for my D-Link VGA Webcam, however
> > > after finding the driver it says "The software you are trying to install
> > > has
> > > not passed the windows logo testing... The hardware will not be
> > > installed.Contact your system administrator" and DOSNT give me the option
> > > 'install anaway' even though I AM the system administrator!
> > >
> > > Windows support cant help me with a work around, can anybody else?

Loren Pechtel

      4th Jan 2007
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:38:01 -0800, smiles
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does this also apply to installing modems for instance a motorola phone
>modem? I am desperate to know since I keep getting that message and
>additionally it warns that the system may not work properly if I install

That's just Microsoft trying to get companies to pay for
certification. Uncertified drivers can perfectly well work and
certified ones sometimes still have bugs.