bear

      19th Jan 2005
I used to be able to drag and drop a file in order to "move" it to a
different folder.
But now when I do a drag and drop, the file is "copy" to that folder, not
move.
I have to go back and delete the file.

How do I change the setting of possible? This is XP pro.

Jone Doe

      19th Jan 2005

"bear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uXOBOJn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used to be able to drag and drop a file in order to "move" it to a
> different folder.
> But now when I do a drag and drop, the file is "copy" to that folder, not
> move.
> I have to go back and delete the file.
>
> How do I change the setting of possible? This is XP pro.

Right click and drag. When you drop you will be given choices, copy, move
or short cut. Pick the one you want

Bill Sharpe

      19th Jan 2005
Drag and drop moves a file within the same drive.
Drag and drop copies a file to a different drive.

The right click suggestion is for those who forget which is which, like
me.

Bill

"bear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uXOBOJn$(E-Mail Removed)...
I used to be able to drag and drop a file in order to "move" it to a
different folder.
But now when I do a drag and drop, the file is "copy" to that folder,
not
move.
I have to go back and delete the file.

How do I change the setting of possible? This is XP pro.

bear

      19th Jan 2005
Thanks Jone

Any other options without right click?
you know.....The old way...
coz I need to teach a 80 years old grannny, and she hates right click

"Jone Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oe9boWn$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "bear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uXOBOJn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I used to be able to drag and drop a file in order to "move" it to a
> > different folder.
> > But now when I do a drag and drop, the file is "copy" to that folder,

not
> > move.
> > I have to go back and delete the file.
> >
> > How do I change the setting of possible? This is XP pro.
> >

> Right click and drag. When you drop you will be given choices, copy, move
> or short cut. Pick the one you want

=?Utf-8?B?emFjX2hhcnl5?=

      4th May 2005
Yes that option is enabled.