Downloading old version of APC Powerchute for XP

Swifty

      5th Jul 2008
Does anyone have a copy of APC's Powerchute Personal Edition that
supports the serial cable model SMART-UPS 1000?

The downloads from APC's website fall into three categories:

1. Work, but not after rebooting (Business Edition 2.0)
2. Won't install on XP
3. Only support USB ports

I installed the Business Edition out of desperation, but it was serious
overkill. When the GUI ceased connecting to the server (after my next
reboot) I un-installed it. I suspect it was Powerchute that led to my
system stalling, the cause of my reboot.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

nass