Double underline links in Internet Explorer

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFN0b2F0?=

      26th Jan 2005
Hi all,

After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web pages
properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I have done this
which fixed the original problem but now various words or phrases (such as
'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash' amoungst other things!) get double
underlined with a link to various web pages!

Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?

Thanks for any help.

Matt.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      27th Jan 2005
"The Stoat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi all,
>
> After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web
> pages properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I
> have done this which fixed the original problem but now various words
> or phrases (such as 'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash' amoungst other
> things!) get double underlined with a link to various web pages!
>
> Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Matt.

Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and uninstall AdText, HotText or
TopText if present.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIFN0b2F0?=

      27th Jan 2005

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" wrote:

> "The Stoat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web
> > pages properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I
> > have done this which fixed the original problem but now various words
> > or phrases (such as 'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash' amoungst other
> > things!) get double underlined with a link to various web pages!
> >
> > Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Matt.

> Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and uninstall AdText, HotText or
> TopText if present.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/sec...t/default.aspx

Thanks very much for the reply. I spent ages looking for something in the
advanced Internet Explorer settings and never thought to look in Add/Remove
programs! I didn't find any of the programs you mentioned but I did find
'hyperlinker' and uninstalled that. That did the trick!

Thanks again!

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      27th Jan 2005
"The Stoat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" wrote:
>
>> "The Stoat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> After having some problems with Internet Explorer not displaying web
>>> pages properly, I was advised to download and install Script 5.6. I
>>> have done this which fixed the original problem but now various
>>> words or phrases (such as 'Ironing Board' or 'Camera Flash'
>>> amoungst other things!) get double underlined with a link to
>>> various web pages!
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what has caused this and how to get rid of it?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Matt.

>> Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and uninstall AdText,
>> HotText or TopText if present.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/sec...t/default.aspx
>>

> Thanks very much for the reply. I spent ages looking for something
> in the advanced Internet Explorer settings and never thought to look
> in Add/Remove programs! I didn't find any of the programs you
> mentioned but I did find 'hyperlinker' and uninstalled that. That
> did the trick!
>
> Thanks again!

Aha! A new one to tell people to look for.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/sec...t/default.aspx

New Member

      19th May 2013
Another ad-ware app that creates double-underlined pop-ups is TidyNetwork.com You can remove it as an unwanted program from Windows Control Panel.