I don't see the Pivot table field list window

Zafar

      14th Oct 2008
Hi,
I am trying to generate a chart from an excell file which contains my data.
After selecting all rows and columns, I go to Data > Pivot table and pivot
chart report. Wizard show that I ahve selected the Excell list and Pivot
table. But when I click Finish button, it does not show the Pivot table field
list window. How can I view this window to drag data for the rows and columns
in order to get the report/chart.

This works on my wife's computer but does not work on my computer at my work.

Thanks,
Zafar

ShaneDevenshire

      14th Oct 2008
Hi Zafar,

Most likely it has been turned off. Display the Pivot Table toolbar if
necessary, then click the last tool on the toolbar. "Show Field List"

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Zafar" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to generate a chart from an excell file which contains my data.
> After selecting all rows and columns, I go to Data > Pivot table and pivot
> chart report. Wizard show that I ahve selected the Excell list and Pivot
> table. But when I click Finish button, it does not show the Pivot table field
> list window. How can I view this window to drag data for the rows and columns
> in order to get the report/chart.
>
> This works on my wife's computer but does not work on my computer at my work.
>
> Thanks,
> Zafar

New Member

      17th Jul 2010
It's simple a matter that the option box has moved to somewhere not visible. Close your tool bars. Mine was hiding at the bottom of the page. 3 days lost productivity.