Don't receive mail until I click on a folder

=?Utf-8?B?RXhjaGFuZ2UgU2VydmVyIGFuZCBPdXRsb29rIDAz

      4th Feb 2005
Has anyone seen an issue using Exchange Server and Outlook where mail is not
received in Outlook until a folder is clicked on? I am thinking this is a
default setting somewhere in Exchange. Thank you in advance for any
assistance.

Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]

      5th Feb 2005
This issue is commonly due to UDP connectivity problems. New email
notifications are pushed from the Exchange Server via UDP; should a problem
arise with UDP connectivity, Outlook will behave in exactly the fashion you
describe, new email won't appear you change folders.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=159302
XCLN: Exchange Server Push Notifications Generate ICMP Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270065
XADM: How to Troubleshoot New Mail Notification Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264035
XADM: No Way to Configure Port for UDP New Mail Notification Packets

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)

"Exchange Server and Outlook 03" <Exchange Server and Outlook
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone seen an issue using Exchange Server and Outlook where mail is

not
> received in Outlook until a folder is clicked on? I am thinking this is a
> default setting somewhere in Exchange. Thank you in advance for any
> assistance.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuIEVkd2FyZHM=?=

      20th May 2005
I have similar issue, but what you explained would be site wide, it is only
happening 3 client computers, it also works same with sending, emails will
sit in outbox until a folder is clicked. Any help would be very much
appreciated

"Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" wrote:

> This issue is commonly due to UDP connectivity problems. New email
> notifications are pushed from the Exchange Server via UDP; should a problem
> arise with UDP connectivity, Outlook will behave in exactly the fashion you
> describe, new email won't appear you change folders.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=159302
> XCLN: Exchange Server Push Notifications Generate ICMP Messages
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270065
> XADM: How to Troubleshoot New Mail Notification Issues
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264035
> XADM: No Way to Configure Port for UDP New Mail Notification Packets
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Exchange Server and Outlook 03" <Exchange Server and Outlook
> (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Has anyone seen an issue using Exchange Server and Outlook where mail is

> not
> > received in Outlook until a folder is clicked on? I am thinking this is a
> > default setting somewhere in Exchange. Thank you in advance for any
> > assistance.

=?Utf-8?B?b2ZmaWNlZ2lybA==?=

      18th Jul 2005
I am using MS outlook 2000 - the same thing happens with me - I am the only
one this affects in my office.
Messages also get 'stuck' in my outbox.
any advice greatly received!

"Dan Edwards" wrote:

> I have similar issue, but what you explained would be site wide, it is only
> happening 3 client computers, it also works same with sending, emails will
> sit in outbox until a folder is clicked. Any help would be very much
> appreciated
>

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" wrote:
>
> > This issue is commonly due to UDP connectivity problems. New email
> > notifications are pushed from the Exchange Server via UDP; should a problem
> > arise with UDP connectivity, Outlook will behave in exactly the fashion you
> > describe, new email won't appear you change folders.

> > XCLN: Exchange Server Push Notifications Generate ICMP Messages
> > XADM: How to Troubleshoot New Mail Notification Issues
> > XADM: No Way to Configure Port for UDP New Mail Notification Packets
> >
> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >
> > "Exchange Server and Outlook 03" <Exchange Server and Outlook
> > (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Has anyone seen an issue using Exchange Server and Outlook where mail is

> > not
> > > received in Outlook until a folder is clicked on? I am thinking this is a
> > > default setting somewhere in Exchange. Thank you in advance for any
> > > assistance.

allenbl

      3rd Jun 2008
I am searching for a solution to this exact issue. It appears no resolution
was found for the original question in 2005. Anyone have a solution?

Recap: My new e-mail does not show up in the inbox until i have left the
inbox and opened another folder and come back to the inbox....tada it's there!

"Exchange Server and Outlook 03" wrote:

> Has anyone seen an issue using Exchange Server and Outlook where mail is not
> received in . Outlook until a folder is clicked on? I am thinking this is a
> default setting somewhere in Exchange. Thank you in advance for any
> assistance.

allenbl

      3rd Jun 2008
I forgot to say, I am using Outlook 2007