where does xp remember passwords

=?Utf-8?B?bmF0aGFu?=

      1st Feb 2004
When xp asks do you want me to remember your password after you type it in to access a web site, where does it store them as my computer seems to have stopped displaying them. HELP PLEASE.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      1st Feb 2004
If you deleted Internet Explorer's "cookies" files, that would explain
why your passwords are not available when visiting a particular
website. You'll have to re-enter the password when prompted to
do so. If you forgot the password, then look for support help on
that particular web page.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-

"nathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message:
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| When xp asks do you want me to remember your password after you type it in to access a web site, where does
it store them as my computer seems to have stopped displaying them. HELP PLEASE.

pauly [MSFT]

      1st Feb 2004

Hi Nathan,

To modify your settings for the AutoComplete feature including password
suggestions, follow these steps in Internet Explorer:

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2. Click the Content tab.

3. Click AutoComplete.

4. Click the appropriate AutoComplete check boxes:
[Web Addresses]
[Forms]
[User Names and Passwords]
[Prompt me to save passwords]

5. Click OK, and then click OK.

NOTE: if your passwords were cleared accidentally you will need to build
the list up again.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...ty/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/new...echnet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
(E-Mail Removed)

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?bmF0aGFu?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: where does xp remember passwords
| Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 07:01:07 -0800
|
| When xp asks do you want me to remember your password after you type it
in to access a web site, where does it store them as my computer seems to
have stopped displaying them. HELP PLEASE.

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBDb21lYXU=?=

      8th Feb 2004
Hi Carey

Please help me ..

I lost some passwords after having some work done on my PC (Win XP Home)
How can I find a password if it belongs to an admin .php page I use to manage my website
Is this stored anywhere on my computer ?

Help ..

-Mik

Rob Schneider

      9th Feb 2004
Probably not. It's on you PC only if:

1. you put it there, say in a document (a good thing to do, probably).
2. saved as a cookie by the application (but then it might be encrypted).

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms