Where does windows update store files it downloads?

Greg R

      9th Aug 2004
Where does windows update store files it downloads?

For example, if you select Download updates for me, but let me choose
when to install them. Where are they stored?

Thank you in advance.

Greg R

=?Utf-8?B?W1BpcmF0ZXpd?=

      9th Aug 2004
It stores the windows update files in C:\WUTemp\. I beleive its hidden and
viewing these files will require 'Show hidden files and folders' to be
enabled.

Tools -> Options -> View -> ... in explorer, or see folder options.
"Greg R" wrote:

> Where does windows update store files it downloads?
>
> For example, if you select Download updates for me, but let me choose
> when to install them. Where are they stored?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Greg R

Ramesh [MVP]

      9th Aug 2004
The WUTemp is a temporary folder as the name implies. In case you want to download the update locally, you may use the Windows Update catalog: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;283147

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...s/gp/gpref.asp