What does user is over quota mean?

=?Utf-8?B?VGhyZWVS?=

      24th Jun 2006
When someone sends me an e-mail, I am not receiving it. They are receiving
the message "User is over quota". Does anyone know what this means, and how
I can correct it? I've only had this e-mail address for less than a month.
I am not sure how this site works, but if it responds to my e-mail - - please
send it to (E-Mail Removed). (As you can tell I am not very computer
literate!) Thanks.

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

      24th Jun 2006
It means that you have too many items in your mailbox and need to delete a
whole bunch of them. When you meet the minimum quota, you can again send
mail.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ThreeR asked:

| When someone sends me an e-mail, I am not receiving it. They are
| receiving the message "User is over quota". Does anyone know what
| this means, and how I can correct it? I've only had this e-mail
| address for less than a month. I am not sure how this site works, but
| if it responds to my e-mail - - please send it to
| (E-Mail Removed). (As you can tell I am not very computer
| literate!) Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?VGhyZWVS?=

      24th Jun 2006
Thank you so much for replying! Is this only in my inbox or does it include
all of my subfolders. I do have one sub folder where I have saved probably
100 e-mails.............. What is the minimum quota? Do you know how I can
find out.

"Milly Staples - MVP Outlook" wrote:

> It means that you have too many items in your mailbox and need to delete a
> whole bunch of them. When you meet the minimum quota, you can again send
> mail.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, ThreeR asked:
>
> | When someone sends me an e-mail, I am not receiving it. They are
> | receiving the message "User is over quota". Does anyone know what
> | this means, and how I can correct it? I've only had this e-mail
> | address for less than a month. I am not sure how this site works, but
> | if it responds to my e-mail - - please send it to
> | (E-Mail Removed). (As you can tell I am not very computer
> | literate!) Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?VGhyZWVS?=

      24th Jun 2006
Hi Milly - i thought that archived and got rid of most everything and tried
to send another email. following is what I received........ I hope I didn't
mess up anything.
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
user is over quota

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: rhonda rackley <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Fwd: outlook error
To: Rhonda Rackley <(E-Mail Removed)>

--0-1364161044-1151165580=:310

--0-1891110580-1151165580=:310

Vanguard

      24th Jun 2006
"ThreeR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Milly - i thought that archived and got rid of most everything and
> tried
> to send another email. following is what I received........ I hope I
> didn't
> mess up anything.

Archiving your local copy does nothing to empty your mailbox. You need
to delete them out of the Inbox. You can put them in other folders
(either server-side in a different folder there or yank them and move to
a different local folder) rather than delete them. However, it is
likely that the server-side folders count against your disk quota since
they are still stored somewhere. Often the Trash or Junk folders are
not counted against your quota so you could put them there and risk
losing them should their utility come by to cleanup your account. If
you yank them using an e-mail client, they are local and no longer up on
the server unless you configured the e-mail client to "leave messages on
server".

The problem you mentioned is not with YOU sending mail but with
recipients who cannot get THEIR mail delivered to you because your
mailbox is full. You only get so much disk space for your account and
you used it all up. That means there is no more space in your mailbox
to accept further mails, so they get rejected as undeliverable. Stop
using your Inbox for permanent storage.

=?Utf-8?B?aGF5?=

      9th Oct 2007
HI!
Did you ever get this corrected? I am getting the same message. I always
delete mail when closing my outlook. My "quota" says 1000. I am not even
close to that. Probably don't even have 100 even in sub folders. I am going
nuts trying to figure this out!!! HELP!!

"ThreeR" wrote:

> When someone sends me an e-mail, I am not receiving it. They are receiving
> the message "User is over quota". Does anyone know what this means, and how
> I can correct it? I've only had this e-mail address for less than a month.
> I am not sure how this site works, but if it responds to my e-mail - - please
> send it to (E-Mail Removed). (As you can tell I am not very computer
> literate!) Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?aGF5?=

      9th Oct 2007
Oh..I have just noticed these messages are all coming in with the date of
07/10/2893

"hay" wrote:

> HI!
> Did you ever get this corrected? I am getting the same message. I always
> delete mail when closing my outlook. My "quota" says 1000. I am not even
> close to that. Probably don't even have 100 even in sub folders. I am going
> nuts trying to figure this out!!! HELP!!
>

> "ThreeR" wrote:
>
> > When someone sends me an e-mail, I am not receiving it. They are receiving
> > the message "User is over quota". Does anyone know what this means, and how
> > I can correct it? I've only had this e-mail address for less than a month.
> > I am not sure how this site works, but if it responds to my e-mail - - please
> > send it to (E-Mail Removed). (As you can tell I am not very computer
> > literate!) Thanks.

Roady [MVP]

      9th Oct 2007
Logon to your webbased mailbox provided by your ISP. That is where you quota
is being reached; not in Outlook.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"hay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh..I have just noticed these messages are all coming in with the date of
> 07/10/2893
>
> "hay" wrote:
>
>> HI!
>> Did you ever get this corrected? I am getting the same message. I always
>> delete mail when closing my outlook. My "quota" says 1000. I am not even
>> close to that. Probably don't even have 100 even in sub folders. I am
>> going
>> nuts trying to figure this out!!! HELP!!
>>

>> "ThreeR" wrote:
>>
>> > When someone sends me an e-mail, I am not receiving it. They are
>> > receiving
>> > the message "User is over quota". Does anyone know what this means,
>> > and how
>> > I can correct it? I've only had this e-mail address for less than a
>> > month.
>> > I am not sure how this site works, but if it responds to my e-mail - -
>> > please
>> > send it to (E-Mail Removed). (As you can tell I am not very
>> > computer
>> > literate!) Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?aGF5?=

      10th Oct 2007
ok....can you tell me how to do that?

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Logon to your webbased mailbox provided by your ISP. That is where you quota
> is being reached; not in Outlook.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "hay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Oh..I have just noticed these messages are all coming in with the date of
> > 07/10/2893
> >
> > "hay" wrote:
> >
> >> HI!
> >> Did you ever get this corrected? I am getting the same message. I always
> >> delete mail when closing my outlook. My "quota" says 1000. I am not even
> >> close to that. Probably don't even have 100 even in sub folders. I am
> >> going
> >> nuts trying to figure this out!!! HELP!!

Roady [MVP]

      11th Oct 2007
No, those details depend on your ISP. Contact them if you don't know it.