PC Review

How does "runas" work "under the covers"

10th Jul 2012
I have an application that needs to start a process as a different user. I use CreateProcessWithLogonW to accomplish this, but I've run into a system configuration where this does not work (we've been trying for weeks to diagnose WHY this particular system is causing problems with no luck so far). On the other hand, doing a "runas" from the command line works fine. So, I was wondering, does anyone know what system calls "runas" is making? Perhaps that will give me a clue as to how to solve my problem.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On