What does it mean when it say subscript out of range

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmdvcnk=?=

      20th Aug 2007
I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting this
message that states subscript is out of range.

Ken Snell \(MVP\)

      20th Aug 2007
This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the function
or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one form
open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
message).

You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro (TransferSpreadsheet
action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting this
> message that states subscript is out of range.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmdvcnk=?=

      22nd Aug 2007
I am actually transferring a excel worksheet file into access. I tranferred
3 worksheet from the same workbook but the 2 are giving me the subscript is
out of range.

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
> supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the function
> or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one form
> open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
> collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
> message).
>
> You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
> External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro (TransferSpreadsheet
> action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?
>
> --
>
> Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting this
> > message that states subscript is out of range.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmdvcnk=?=

      22nd Aug 2007
I am actually importing an excel worksheet into access. I have imported 3
worksheet from the same workbook so far but have been getting this message
with the two of them.

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
> supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the function
> or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one form
> open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
> collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
> message).
>
> You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
> External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro (TransferSpreadsheet
> action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?
>
> --
>
> Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting this
> > message that states subscript is out of range.

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmdvcnk=?=

      22nd Aug 2007
I am importing from access External data.

"Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:

> This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
> supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the function
> or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one form
> open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
> collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
> message).
>
> You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
> External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro (TransferSpreadsheet
> action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?
>
> --
>
> Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>

> "Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting this
> > message that states subscript is out of range.

Ken Snell \(MVP\)

      22nd Aug 2007
What is the path and filename for the EXCEL file? What is the name of the
worksheets in that file that are not importing?

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am actually importing an excel worksheet into access. I have imported 3
> worksheet from the same workbook so far but have been getting this message
> with the two of them.
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
>> supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the
>> function
>> or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one
>> form
>> open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
>> collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
>> message).
>>
>> You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
>> External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro
>> (TransferSpreadsheet
>> action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting
>> >this
>> > message that states subscript is out of range.

Pete D.

      24th Aug 2007
Are you importing a named range in the spreadsheet? If the named range
includes blanks you can get this. Pete D.
"Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am importing from access External data.
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
>> supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the
>> function
>> or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one
>> form
>> open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
>> collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
>> message).
>>
>> You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
>> External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro
>> (TransferSpreadsheet
>> action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>

>> "Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting
>> >this
>> > message that states subscript is out of range.

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmk=?=

      2nd Oct 2007
i do experience for "subscript out of range", when importing Excel to Access.
in my case, i did the followings:
1. the Field name should be the same as in both Excel and Access.
2. for the ID (Autonumber in Access) should be filled manual in Excel also.
3. Cell format both in Access and Excel should be the same.
HTH.

"Shargory" wrote:

> I am importing from access External data.
>
> "Ken Snell (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > This message is a "generic" one that indicates that the argument being
> > supplied to a subroutine or function is "out of the range" that the function
> > or subroutine expects or that it can find (e.g., suppose you have one form
> > open, and your programming tells ACCESS to open the second form in the
> > collection -- because there is no second form, you'd get this error
> > message).
> >
> > You don't say how you're importing the file -- are you using File | Get
> > External Data | Import menu? Or are you using a macro (TransferSpreadsheet
> > action)? or VBA code (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet method)?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ken Snell
> > <MS ACCESS MVP>
> >

> > "Shargory" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I am in the process of importing excel into Access and I keep getting this
> > > message that states subscript is out of range.

saima

      1st Nov 2007
jhhkhhkhk
news:(E-Mail Removed)...