Documents and Settings folder contains several User and Owner folders.

DD

      4th May 2005
The Documents and Settings folder on my wife's XP Pro computer contains
the following sub folders:-
All Users
All Users Windows
Default User
Default user Windows
Owner
Owner MY-D70LG8YM8U
Owner ~1~MY-

Each of these sub folders contain other sub/sub folders. The Owner
~1~MY- folder contains two folders with nothing in them.Some of the
contents are the same but others contain additional files and folders.

Should all these folders be there and if not, what would be the best
way of correcting the situation?
DD

Thorsten Matzner

      4th May 2005
DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The Documents and Settings folder on my wife's XP Pro computer contains
>the following sub folders:-
>All Users
>All Users Windows
>Default User
>Default user Windows
>Owner
>Owner MY-D70LG8YM8U
>Owner ~1~MY-
>
> Each of these sub folders contain other sub/sub folders. The Owner
>~1~MY- folder contains two folders with nothing in them.Some of the
>contents are the same but others contain additional files and folders.

You can delete the folder that is almost empty.
Type
SET
at a DOS prompt and read the values for ALLUSERSPROFILE and
USERPROFILE. These are the folders currently in use. You can delete
the duplicates that include the same name.
Leave the "Default" folders alone.
Deleting these items is possible from the Safe Mode only: "A
Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222).

--
(tm)

DD

      4th May 2005
I really appreciate your answer, thanks for bothering! Just one thing,
could you elaborate as to what you meant by "You can delete the

Thorsten Matzner wrote:
> DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> The Documents and Settings folder on my wife's XP Pro computer contains
>>the following sub folders:-
>>All Users
>>All Users Windows
>>Default User
>>Default user Windows
>>Owner
>>Owner MY-D70LG8YM8U
>>Owner ~1~MY-
>>
>> Each of these sub folders contain other sub/sub folders. The Owner
>>~1~MY- folder contains two folders with nothing in them.Some of the
>>contents are the same but others contain additional files and folders.

> You can delete the folder that is almost empty.
> Type
> SET
> at a DOS prompt and read the values for ALLUSERSPROFILE and
> USERPROFILE. These are the folders currently in use. You can delete
> the duplicates that include the same name.
> Leave the "Default" folders alone.
> Deleting these items is possible from the Safe Mode only: "A
> Description of the Safe Boot Mode Options in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222).

Thorsten Matzner

      7th May 2005
DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I really appreciate your answer, thanks for bothering! Just one thing,
>could you elaborate as to what you meant by "You can delete the
>duplicates that include the same name"?

For
>>>All Users
>>>All Users Windows

If you find out that All Users is the folder in use, you can delete
All Users Windows.

--
(tm)