Document won't print - goes to save as

Frustrated User Needs help

      12th May 2008
I'm really frustrated. I'm a long time user of Word 2003. I have a 30 page
document I'm working on. I have saved it several times as I work. Now I want
to print it. When I try to print, it automatically goes to "Save as" and
won't allow me to print. I tried emailing the document to myself at a
different email address and printing from there. That won't work either. Can
anyone help? Thanks much!

Steve

Peter A

      12th May 2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, =?Utf-
8?B?RnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBVc2VyIE5lZWRzIGhlbHA=?= <Frustrated User Needs
(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> I'm really frustrated. I'm a long time user of Word 2003. I have a 30 page
> document I'm working on. I have saved it several times as I work. Now I want
> to print it. When I try to print, it automatically goes to "Save as" and
> won't allow me to print. I tried emailing the document to myself at a
> different email address and printing from there. That won't work either. Can
> anyone help? Thanks much!
>
> Steve

Are you saying that if you select File, Print the program goes to Save
As? Same thing if you press Ctrl+P or click the Print button on the
toolbar?

Then the solution is easy - you need an exorcist!

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

bocaraton

      12th May 2008
This is interesting... Was Word trying to print it to a file (and asking you
for the file name of the print output file)? Can you use a screen recording
service, such as http://www.utipu.com, to record exactly what you were doing,
and share the recording here?

"Frustrated User Needs help" wrote:

> I'm really frustrated. I'm a long time user of Word 2003. I have a 30 page
> document I'm working on. I have saved it several times as I work. Now I want
> to print it. When I try to print, it automatically goes to "Save as" and
> won't allow me to print. I tried emailing the document to myself at a
> different email address and printing from there. That won't work either. Can
> anyone help? Thanks much!
>
> Steve

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

      12th May 2008
Hi John,

FYI, when visiting your http://utipu.com site in IE 6, with Flash 9.0.124 installed, when selecting any of the pages all that's
coming up is this message

"You either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player"

Cookies are enabled and javascript and flash work fine in other sites

================
<<"bocaraton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
This is interesting... Was Word trying to print it to a file (and asking you
for the file name of the print output file)? Can you use a screen recording
service, such as http://www.utipu.com, to record exactly what you were doing,
and share the recording here? >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      12th May 2008
Probably you have a fax driver or something similar selected as the default
printer driver.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Frustrated User Needs help" <Frustrated User Needs
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm really frustrated. I'm a long time user of Word 2003. I have a 30 page
> document I'm working on. I have saved it several times as I work. Now I
> want
> to print it. When I try to print, it automatically goes to "Save as" and
> won't allow me to print. I tried emailing the document to myself at a
> different email address and printing from there. That won't work either.
> Can
> anyone help? Thanks much!
>
> Steve

Graham Mayor

      12th May 2008
Do you have a macro that intercepts the FilePrint or FilePrintDefault
command?

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com