DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "spec1", "filetmp","filename",false

Satya

      17th Jul 2004
I am going thru an Access based tool which imports data from text delimited
file to Table.
It has following code.

DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Action_ImpSpec", "v_actionTmp"

Access Syntax:
DoCmd.TransferText ([TransferType], [SpecificationName], [TableName],
[FileName], [HasFieldNames], [HTMLTableName], [CodePage])

Now, I want to modifiy specificationname. How do I do that?
How should I add a new specification file?

--
Satya

Satya

      17th Jul 2004
I found them.

They can be accessed as given below.

Method 1:
Import Table --> "Text file" --> Delimited Text option --> Advanced -->
Specs

Method 2:
Tools --> Options --> Select "Hidden Objects", "System Objects"

Specs are stored in system tables, "MSysIMEXSpecs" and their columns in
MSysIMEXColumns

--
Satya

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...