PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Doc / contents issue with WDK 6000 and 6001

 
 
Stephane Barizien
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2008
Hi all,

(sorry for the x-posting)

I am willing to have WDK 6000 and WDK 6001 installed side-by-side.

I had done the installation, only to discover that "Local Help" in WDK6001
would never find any hits for my searches.

Then I started to wonder why the WDK6000 .iso is 2.32GB and the WDK6001 .iso
is only 632MB.

Am I missing something? Is there a "larger WDK6001" that contains the docs?


Any help will be greatly appreciated...



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Don Burn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2008
The reason the WDK6000 is so large is that it includes the WLK. Did you
install the doc's from WDK6001? This is a seperate step, i.e. you install
the WDK then you install the doc's.


--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr
Remove StopSpam to reply


"Stephane Barizien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> (sorry for the x-posting)
>
> I am willing to have WDK 6000 and WDK 6001 installed side-by-side.
>
> I had done the installation, only to discover that "Local Help" in WDK6001
> would never find any hits for my searches.
>
> Then I started to wonder why the WDK6000 .iso is 2.32GB and the WDK6001
> .iso is only 632MB.
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a "larger WDK6001" that contains the
> docs?
>
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated...
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pavel A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2008
WDK documentation is now a separate download:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKdocs.mspx

It is updated more often than WDK itself.

Regards,
--PA


Stephane Barizien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (sorry for the x-posting)
>
> I am willing to have WDK 6000 and WDK 6001 installed side-by-side.
>
> I had done the installation, only to discover that "Local Help" in WDK6001
> would never find any hits for my searches.
>
> Then I started to wonder why the WDK6000 .iso is 2.32GB and the WDK6001 .iso
> is only 632MB.
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a "larger WDK6001" that contains the docs?
>
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated...
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Stephane Barizien
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      23rd Oct 2008
I installed WDKDocs_08082008, launched the UI, did a search for "IRP"...
"Local Help" finds 0 hits...

Am I missing something?


Pavel A. wrote:
> WDK documentation is now a separate download:
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKdocs.mspx
>
> It is updated more often than WDK itself.
>
> Regards,
> --PA
>
>
> Stephane Barizien wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> (sorry for the x-posting)
>>
>> I am willing to have WDK 6000 and WDK 6001 installed side-by-side.
>>
>> I had done the installation, only to discover that "Local Help" in
>> WDK6001 would never find any hits for my searches.
>>
>> Then I started to wonder why the WDK6000 .iso is 2.32GB and the
>> WDK6001 .iso is only 632MB.
>>
>> Am I missing something? Is there a "larger WDK6001" that contains
>> the docs? Any help will be greatly appreciated...



 
Reply With Quote
 
Pavel A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      24th Oct 2008
"Stephane Barizien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I installed WDKDocs_08082008, launched the UI, did a search for "IRP"...
> "Local Help" finds 0 hits...
>
> Am I missing something?


Apparently, MS will never have a decent search anywhere, until they buy
Google ...

--PA

> Pavel A. wrote:
>> WDK documentation is now a separate download:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKdocs.mspx
>>
>> It is updated more often than WDK itself.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --PA
>>
>>
>> Stephane Barizien wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> (sorry for the x-posting)
>>>
>>> I am willing to have WDK 6000 and WDK 6001 installed side-by-side.
>>>
>>> I had done the installation, only to discover that "Local Help" in
>>> WDK6001 would never find any hits for my searches.
>>>
>>> Then I started to wonder why the WDK6000 .iso is 2.32GB and the
>>> WDK6001 .iso is only 632MB.
>>>
>>> Am I missing something? Is there a "larger WDK6001" that contains
>>> the docs? Any help will be greatly appreciated...

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Cannot /wuforce WUA to 7.2.6001.784 from version 7.2.6001.788 on Windows Server 2008 PA Bear [MS MVP] Windows Vista General Discussion 2 28th Apr 2009 07:59 AM
MS Keyboard 6000 & Intellimouse 6000 =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIFN0ZWluaGF1c2Vy?= Windows Vista Hardware 1 7th Jul 2007 10:50 AM
wdk 6000 installation headache dmurphey@ensuretech.com Windows XP Drivers 1 17th Feb 2007 08:51 PM
New Windows Vista WDK Released to WDK Beta Tester's! Windows Vista General Discussion 9 27th Jul 2006 01:51 PM
Entering =6000 turns value into text '6000' HELP! I'm Stumped! TWiz Microsoft Excel Misc 1 14th Oct 2004 09:13 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:33 PM.