How do you unlock microsoft word 2007?

Brittany09

      30th Sep 2009
I have microsoft word 2007 and its locked.. i can't do anything with it it
says at the bottom of the screen " this modifications is not allowed because
the selection is locked" how do i unlock it?

garfield-n-odie [MVP]

      30th Sep 2009

Maybe you have a free trial version of Word 2007, and the free trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your purchased Office
software.

What happens if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button | Word
Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already activated, a dialog
box saying so will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation
Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase a key)
online.

Brittany09 wrote:
> I have microsoft word 2007 and its locked.. i can't do anything with it it
> says at the bottom of the screen " this modifications is not allowed because
> the selection is locked" how do i unlock it?

Graham Mayor

      30th Sep 2009
Have you activated the software? If so, almost certainly the trial version
of Office that you have installed has expired. It's time to buy the program.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Brittany09 wrote:
> I have microsoft word 2007 and its locked.. i can't do anything with
> it it says at the bottom of the screen " this modifications is not
> allowed because the selection is locked" how do i unlock it?

Boy Boy is offline
New Member

      25th Jul 2014
You may need a specialized service or software. Once I had a locked Microsoft Word document, I used a service Password-find.com to unlock the Word doc and it worked. Hopefully this will help you too.