How do you type the word resume?

=?Utf-8?B?amFzc2ltNQ==?=

      17th Jan 2005
Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
character' above the 'e' at the end?

garfield-n-odie

      17th Jan 2005
Press Ctrl+' and then type an e to make an accented é.

jassim5 wrote:
> Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
> character' above the 'e' at the end?

Jay Freedman

      17th Jan 2005
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:33:09 -0800, "jassim5"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
>character' above the 'e' at the end?

Hold the Ctrl key while you press the apostrophe key; release both
keys, then type the e.

Alternatively, hold the Alt key while you type 0233 on the number pad,
which is how I typed this: résumé

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/InsertSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      17th Jan 2005
Jay and garfield-n-odie have both told you how to type an e with an acute
accent. For more on entering special characters, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. And note that
"résumé" requires *two* accented letters.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jassim5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
> character' above the 'e' at the end?

=?Utf-8?B?Q29ybmVsaXVz?=

      9th Feb 2005
Tip: I inserted the symbol (Insert - Symbol) and then assigned the
combination to a short cut. Very handy!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Jay and garfield-n-odie have both told you how to type an e with an acute
> accent. For more on entering special characters, see
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. And note that
> "résumé" requires *two* accented letters.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
> all may benefit.
>
> "jassim5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
> > character' above the 'e' at the end?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      10th Feb 2005
There is already a built-in shortcut for é: Ctrl+', e. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)