how do you get a screenshot?

=?Utf-8?B?UEo=?=

      15th Mar 2006
does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

Rick B

      15th Mar 2006
Hit your Print Screen button.

--
Rick B

"PJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design
> view?

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgRy4=?=

      15th Mar 2006
Hit the PRINT SCREEN key, the open MS Paint, , select the EDIT menu and
select PASTE.
--
Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
sometimes!

"PJ" wrote:

> does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

=?Utf-8?B?UEo=?=

      15th Mar 2006
where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
None of the printing options are available?

"Larry G." wrote:

> Hit the PRINT SCREEN key, the open MS Paint, , select the EDIT menu and
> select PASTE.
> --
> Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
> sometimes!
>

> "PJ" wrote:
>
> > does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

Rick B

      15th Mar 2006
Right above the INSERT key on most keyboards.

--
Rick B

"PJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
> None of the printing options are available?
>
> "Larry G." wrote:
>
>> Hit the PRINT SCREEN key, the open MS Paint, , select the EDIT menu and
>> select PASTE.
>> --
>> Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
>> sometimes!
>>

>> "PJ" wrote:
>>
>> > does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design
>> > view?

fredg

      15th Mar 2006
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:37:21 -0800, PJ wrote:

> where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
> None of the printing options are available?
>
> "Larry G." wrote:
>
>> Hit the PRINT SCREEN key, the open MS Paint, , select the EDIT menu and
>> select PASTE.
>> --
>> Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
>> sometimes!
>>
>> "PJ" wrote:
>>
>>> does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

The Print Screen button will not actually print the screen, it will
copy it. After you paste it into Paint or Word or an Access report,
etc., you can print it from there.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

John Vinson

      15th Mar 2006
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:37:21 -0800, PJ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>where is the PRINT SCREEN key?

Depends on your keyboard layout. It's usually on the upper right,
labeled PrtScn (or PrtScn/SysRq). On a laptop keyboard it may need a
function key.

>None of the printing options are available?

Please explain this comment. What "printing options" do you expect to
see?

If you want to put your table design onto paper, it's usually better
to use a documentation tool such as Tools... Analyze... Documentor or
the one of the documentation utilities at

http://home.bendbroadband.com/conrad.../doctable.html

John W. Vinson[MVP]

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

      15th Mar 2006
It sounds like you might be asking the wrong question.

If what you're wanting to do is to produce documentation for that table (or
tables) try using the Tools > Analyze > Documenter tool and select the
tables you want to document. You'll probably want to click on Options and
select "Names, Data Types and Sizes" in the "Include for Fields" section.

You can then export the resulting report to a file for further manipulation,
if you like.

Hope that helps!

David

"PJ" wrote:

> does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

Joseph Meehan

      15th Mar 2006
PJ wrote:
> where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
> None of the printing options are available?
>
> "Larry G." wrote:

Our group is trying to help, but you need to keep in mind:

This is a newsgroup dedicated to questions about Access, the database
program in Office Professional. It appears your question may not be related
to these subjects. The Microsoft help system is not all that clear and may
have misdirected you here.

It is best to ask your questions in a newsgroup dedicated to the
subject of your question. You should find people better able to address
your problem there.

Note: It is always best to indicate the name and version of any
program(s) you may be using when asking a question and also indicate the
operating system (like Windows XP or 98) when you ask a question.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit