How do you get rid of paragraph symbols in a word document?

=?Utf-8?B?a3NleHltYW4=?=

      5th Jul 2006
I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now whenever I
press the return button in a word document the "paragraph symbol" shows up.
Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash appears. How do I get rid of
this and get back to what I call normal format? Please Help!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2w=?=

      5th Jul 2006
What you're referring to are non-printing characters. Just click the pilcrow
(paragraph symbol) on your toolbar. Go to Tools|Options|View and deselect
the options under Formatting marks.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"ksexyman" wrote:

> I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now whenever I
> press the return button in a word document the "paragraph symbol" shows up.
> Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash appears. How do I get rid of
> this and get back to what I call normal format? Please Help!

Jay Freedman

      5th Jul 2006
Click the button on the toolbar. (That's why it has that symbol, the same
as the paragraph mark...) See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ksexyman wrote:
> I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now
> whenever I press the return button in a word document the "paragraph
> symbol" shows up. Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash
> appears. How do I get rid of this and get back to what I call normal
> format? Please Help!

YStress

      11th Jun 2009
Merely clicking the 'paragraph mark' does not always deselect this feature.
There are times you may need to go into Tools/Options/Formatting Marks &
deselect the check box next to paragraph.

Careful not to assume Jay Freedman

Shari

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> Click the ¶ button on the toolbar. (That's why it has that symbol, the same
> as the paragraph mark...) See
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
> all may benefit.
>

> ksexyman wrote:
> > I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now
> > whenever I press the return button in a word document the "paragraph
> > symbol" shows up. Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash
> > appears. How do I get rid of this and get back to what I call normal
> > format? Please Help!

Thanks Carol, you have restoredmy sanity

      10th Oct 2009