How do you get rid of the overstrike function?

Laurie

      14th Jun 2009
I'm typing a report and whenever I backspace it erases a letter and then
erases letters in the word so that you are always behind a letter.Help!

JoAnn Paules

      14th Jun 2009
Hit the Insert key one time.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm typing a report and whenever I backspace it erases a letter and then
> erases letters in the word so that you are always behind a letter.Help!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      15th Jun 2009
Backspacing is supposed to delete letters backward (Delete deletes forward).
If you want to move backward through the text, use the Left Arrow key. Even
disabling "Typing replaces selection" won't prevent Backspace from deleting
backward; it will only prevent Backspace from deleting selected text.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)