How do you format a cell to automatically multiply entry times 2?

HL Charts

      16th Feb 2009
I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
cell. Is this possible?

Shane Devenshire

      16th Feb 2009
Hi,

Only if you write a VBA macro. And then the issue would be which cells do
you want the macro to run for? For example if you enter a date, Excel thinks
its a number so would you really want to multiply a date by 2.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"HL Charts" wrote:

> I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
> For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
> cell. Is this possible?

Bill Sharpe

      16th Feb 2009
HL Charts wrote:
> I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
> For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
> cell. Is this possible?

If you want to put 4 in a cell instead of 2, why don't you just type 4,
he asked facetiously. <g>

Bill

New Member

      27th Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Devenshire View Post

"HL Charts" wrote:

> I want to be able to have a set of cells be automatically multiplied times 2.
> For exampls, if I type in 2 in the cell, I want it to show up as 4 in that
> cell. Is this possible?

How can one do this? I need to have multiple figures in various cells multiplied by certain figures... It would be helpful if there is a macro for this.

If this is possible, I really could use it.

Much thanks.