How do you embed a google map in access?

Chris DP

      4th Jul 2008

Al Campagna

      4th Jul 2008
Chris,
Use a Hyperlink field, and insert the Google URL for the map into it.
In Google, you need to use the "Link to this Page" function. That will
provide you with the actual URL for the map you are viewing.
--
hth
Al Campagna

"Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Chris DP

      4th Jul 2008
Hi Al, thanks for your help on this. I have creatd a hyperlink filed and put
it on a page in the access database.

I have two choices from google link to this page and I'm not sure which is
the URL!! is it the;

Paste link in email or IM 'formula'
or the
Paste HTML to embed in website 'formula'

also where excatly should it be inserted, I have ahd a look and was pretty
close to getting it sorted but have not owkred it out yet!

regards
Chris

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Chris,
> Use a Hyperlink field, and insert the Google URL for the map into it.
> In Google, you need to use the "Link to this Page" function. That will
> provide you with the actual URL for the map you are viewing.
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
> "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Al Campagna

      4th Jul 2008
Chris,
Go to the table that is the RecordSource for your form.
Add a new Hyperlink field to the table. (ex. hypClientMap)
Add that new field to your form, and if you have a query as the Record
Source... make sure your new field is included.

You want the "Link in Email", which is the actual web URL for that
particular map location (and view). This string should be entered (actually
cut & pasted works best) into your form's hyperlink field, on the client
record associated with that map.
Now, open the form, and click the hyperlink entry. You'll go right to
the correct map.

The "HTML format" is the HTML code used to send the user to a particular
map... from a web site.
--
hth
Al Campagna
Microsoft Access MVP

"Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Al, thanks for your help on this. I have creatd a hyperlink filed and
> put
> it on a page in the access database.
>
> I have two choices from google link to this page and I'm not sure which is
> the URL!! is it the;
>
> Paste link in email or IM 'formula'
> or the
> Paste HTML to embed in website 'formula'
>
> also where excatly should it be inserted, I have ahd a look and was pretty
> close to getting it sorted but have not owkred it out yet!
>
> regards
> Chris
>
> "Al Campagna" wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>> Use a Hyperlink field, and insert the Google URL for the map into it.
>> In Google, you need to use the "Link to this Page" function. That
>> will
>> provide you with the actual URL for the map you are viewing.
>> --
>> hth
>> Al Campagna
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>>
>> "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
>> life."
>>
>> "Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Chris DP

      4th Jul 2008
Hi Al,

thank you I will try that later as I am being summoned to be elsehwere right
now!!

I take it that the only way to see the map directly is by having the html
embeded in a website. However, for now the link to google from access will be
fine.

regards
Chris

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Chris,
> Go to the table that is the RecordSource for your form.
> Add a new Hyperlink field to the table. (ex. hypClientMap)
> Add that new field to your form, and if you have a query as the Record
> Source... make sure your new field is included.
>
> You want the "Link in Email", which is the actual web URL for that
> particular map location (and view). This string should be entered (actually
> cut & pasted works best) into your form's hyperlink field, on the client
> record associated with that map.
> Now, open the form, and click the hyperlink entry. You'll go right to
> the correct map.
>
> The "HTML format" is the HTML code used to send the user to a particular
> map... from a web site.
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
> "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Al, thanks for your help on this. I have creatd a hyperlink filed and
> > put
> > it on a page in the access database.
> >
> > I have two choices from google link to this page and I'm not sure which is
> > the URL!! is it the;
> >
> > Paste link in email or IM 'formula'
> > or the
> > Paste HTML to embed in website 'formula'
> >
> > also where excatly should it be inserted, I have ahd a look and was pretty
> > close to getting it sorted but have not owkred it out yet!
> >
> > regards
> > Chris
> >
> > "Al Campagna" wrote:
> >
> >> Chris,
> >> Use a Hyperlink field, and insert the Google URL for the map into it.
> >> In Google, you need to use the "Link to this Page" function. That
> >> will
> >> provide you with the actual URL for the map you are viewing.
> >> --
> >> hth
> >> Al Campagna
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
> >>
> >> "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
> >> life."
> >>
> >> "Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Al Campagna

      6th Jul 2008
Chris,
I think that even if you use the HTML code on your website, the map will
not be displayed on your website. The code takes you to Google maps when
clicked.
--
hth
Al Campagna
Microsoft Access MVP

"Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Al,
>
> thank you I will try that later as I am being summoned to be elsehwere
> right
> now!!
>
> I take it that the only way to see the map directly is by having the html
> embeded in a website. However, for now the link to google from access will
> be
> fine.
>
> regards
> Chris
>
> "Al Campagna" wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>> Go to the table that is the RecordSource for your form.
>> Add a new Hyperlink field to the table. (ex. hypClientMap)
>> Add that new field to your form, and if you have a query as the Record
>> Source... make sure your new field is included.
>>
>> You want the "Link in Email", which is the actual web URL for that
>> particular map location (and view). This string should be entered
>> (actually
>> cut & pasted works best) into your form's hyperlink field, on the client
>> record associated with that map.
>> Now, open the form, and click the hyperlink entry. You'll go right to
>> the correct map.
>>
>> The "HTML format" is the HTML code used to send the user to a
>> particular
>> map... from a web site.
>> --
>> hth
>> Al Campagna
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>>
>> "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
>> life."
>>
>> "Chris DP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi Al, thanks for your help on this. I have creatd a hyperlink filed
>> > and
>> > put
>> > it on a page in the access database.
>> >
>> > I have two choices from google link to this page and I'm not sure which
>> > is
>> > the URL!! is it the;
>> >
>> > Paste link in email or IM 'formula'
>> > or the
>> > Paste HTML to embed in website 'formula'
>> >
>> > also where excatly should it be inserted, I have ahd a look and was
>> > pretty
>> > close to getting it sorted but have not owkred it out yet!
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Chris

Chris DP

      6th Jul 2008
Hi Al, thanks I will check out how the html link works on a website. One
company I represents uses a google map that is embeded in their website,
http://www.comptoir-de-famille.com/u...dom-147-3.html, so I will check
with them how it has been done. If you want me to I'll let you know.

Also, for the nyperlink, I could not get it to work with a hyperlink field
as I couldnt find where to paste the link. I did, however, manage to do this
using a standard 'button' set up which has a place to paste the link in the
properties; Hyperlink Address. Maybe you know where the property in the
hyperlink field is. All I could see where; Is Hyperlink and Display As
Hyperlink.

Chris