How do you delete excel check boxes?

lewis71

      31st Mar 2004
RE: How do I delete excel checkboxes?

Hi there. I have used checkboxes in a worksheet in excel for clas
atendances. However now I want to get rid of some of them. When I righ
click on the checkboxes it seems to select them. However, when I try t
cut or to delete them, nothing seems to happen. It seems to b
generating a new check box as well.

is there something I'm missing here? Any help would be greatl
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lewis7

McNiwram

      31st Mar 2004
did you try clicking the 'Exit Design Mode' icon on the
'control toolbox' toolbar? when that icon is clicked you
can right click on the check box and cut or delete it.

=?Utf-8?B?VGF6?=

      31st Mar 2004
Hi

An easy way to delete "checked boxes" is to right click on top of the checked box and select "Cut"

Good Luck
Taz

lewis71

      31st Mar 2004
I've done all of that - none of it works. Could it be some kind of exce
bug

BigDave

      31st Mar 2004
use Cntrl+Shift (a small crosshair will appear to the upper right of th
mouse pointer) to select, then Delete. you can also select multipl
this way

McNiwram

      1st Apr 2004
Try to keep deleting it. It could be a case of multiple
check boxes one on top of each other (like a stack).
Perhaps when you were creating it, multiple check boxes
were created. I don't think it is a bug. Keep on right
clicking and deleting the check boxes.

McNiwram

      1st Apr 2004
BigDave
Depends on what version excel you're using. That
Ctrl+Shift doesn't work on Excel XP.

BigDave

      5th Apr 2004
McNiwram wrote:
> *BigDave
> Depends on what version excel you're using. That
> Ctrl+Shift doesn't work on Excel XP. *

It does in Design Mode, but then again, cntrl by itself does too.

cntrl-shift works in Excel 200