Do you capitalize personal pronouns as personifications?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FsaWZvcm5pYV9QZW5uX0pvZQ==?=

      4th Feb 2006
When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn or
West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Steve Easton

      4th Feb 2006
No.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

"California_Penn_Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn or
> West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Clark

      4th Feb 2006
No. Specially not when using Frontpage.

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:21:32 -0800, "California_Penn_Joe"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn or
>West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

=?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJk?=

      5th Feb 2006
Only if it's the Queen of England!
I don't think you use caps for pronouns. Unless I don't understand your
question.
--
Edward

"California_Penn_Joe" wrote:

> When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn or
> West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

      5th Feb 2006
I is always capitalized.

"Edward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Only if it's the Queen of England!
| I don't think you use caps for pronouns. Unless I don't understand your
| question.
| --
| Edward
|

| "California_Penn_Joe" wrote:
|
| > When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn
or
| > West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Bob Lehmann

      5th Feb 2006
Why would FrontPage have a problem with capitalizing pronouns???

Does it also have a problem with misspelled words?

Bob Lehmann

"Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No. Specially not when using Frontpage.
>
> On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:21:32 -0800, "California_Penn_Joe"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn

or
> >West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Bob Lehmann

      5th Feb 2006
Unless by "Him", you mean God, then no.

Bob Lehmann

"California_Penn_Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn or
> West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Bob Lehmann

      5th Feb 2006
In German, Sie (you) is always capitalized when speaking formally -
generally when you aren't familiar with the person you're speaking to / of.

Bob Lehmann

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I is always capitalized.
>

> "Edward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Only if it's the Queen of England!
> | I don't think you use caps for pronouns. Unless I don't understand your
> | question.
> | --
> | Edward
> |

> | "California_Penn_Joe" wrote:
> |
> | > When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification

(Dawn
> or
> | > West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Tom [Pepper] Willett

      5th Feb 2006
....and, what does it have to do with FP, anyway?
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
"Bob Lehmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why would FrontPage have a problem with capitalizing pronouns???
>
> Does it also have a problem with misspelled words?
>
> Bob Lehmann
>
> "Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No. Specially not when using Frontpage.
>>
>> On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:21:32 -0800, "California_Penn_Joe"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > When using a personal pronoun (her) to refer to a personification (Dawn

> or
>> >West Wind, for example)do you capitalize it?

Clark

      5th Feb 2006
OK guys that one slipped by you. The reference to FP was tongue in
cheek since it is a FP newsgroup. C'mon!