How do you activate read receipt without the recipient knowing?

=?Utf-8?B?SkMgSU4gUTg=?=

      25th Jan 2006
This is not meant to be sinister. I just need to know if recipients have
recieved important E Mails. How do you avoid them reading the E Mail,
ignoring the request for a read receipt and then denying ever having recieved
the E Mail?

JC

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

      25th Jan 2006
You can't since the receipt handling is configured on their machines. So, if
they're set to either ignore all receipts or get notified, that's what will
happen.

"JC IN Q8" <JC IN (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is not meant to be sinister. I just need to know if recipients have
> recieved important E Mails. How do you avoid them reading the E Mail,
> ignoring the request for a read receipt and then denying ever having
> recieved
> the E Mail?

Roady [MVP]

      25th Jan 2006
You can't; the receiver controls this.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"JC IN Q8" <JC IN (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is not meant to be sinister. I just need to know if recipients have
> recieved important E Mails. How do you avoid them reading the E Mail,
> ignoring the request for a read receipt and then denying ever having
> recieved
> the E Mail?
>
> JC

Dan Fretwell

      25th Jan 2006
If this is important to you the try a search for email receipt
automatic on Google and you will come up with some subscription
solutions which claim to be able to do this - legally - I have no idea
how.