How do I work out which version of windows XP I have - ie 32 or 64

=?Utf-8?B?R2VlTGV0Y2hh?=

      18th Nov 2006
I am bing pinged by a net virus and was about to download the MS03-026 fix
and noticed there are versions for 32 or 64 bit XP. SO I wont to knowo what
I have so I can download the right one.
--
GeeLetcha

Shenan Stanley

      18th Nov 2006
GeeLetcha wrote:
> I am bing pinged by a net virus and was about to download the
> MS03-026 fix and noticed there are versions for 32 or 64 bit XP.
> SO I wont to knowo what I have so I can download the right one.

You have 32bit.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Harry Ohrn

      18th Nov 2006
While at one time it was easy to make that assumption it isn't anymore.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

news:ejLB%(E-Mail Removed)...

Check here http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;827218

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"GeeLetcha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am bing pinged by a net virus and was about to download the MS03-026 fix
> and noticed there are versions for 32 or 64 bit XP. SO I wont to knowo
> what
> I have so I can download the right one.
> --
> GeeLetcha

Gordon

      18th Nov 2006
"Harry Ohrn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While at one time it was easy to make that assumption it isn't anymore.

I think that if the OP had got the 64 bit version, he would know....

Bruce Chambers

      18th Nov 2006
GeeLetcha wrote:
> I am bing pinged by a net virus and was about to download the MS03-026 fix
> and noticed there are versions for 32 or 64 bit XP. SO I wont to knowo what
> I have so I can download the right one.

If you have to ask, you're almost certainly running the 32-bit
version of WinXP. I'm not trying to be facetious; I'm sure you'd have
noticed paying several thousand dollars more for the Itanium or Itanium
II CPU required to run the original 64-bit version of WinXP Pro, or
whether or not you purchased a computer with an AMD Athlon64 or Intel
EM64T CPU. There are, of course, no 64-bit versions of WinXP Home, WinXP
TabletPC, or WinXP MCE. Also, because WinXPx64 is available only as an
OEM license, it doesn't come in a box.

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Overview
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/overview.asp

To verify for yourself, Click Start > Run, type in "Winver" and
press <Enter>. If the resulting dialog box does not _explicitly_ state
that you have "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" or "Windows XP Professional
x64 Edition," then you have a 32-bit OS.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Bruce Chambers

      18th Nov 2006
Harry Ohrn wrote:
> While at one time it was easy to make that assumption it isn't anymore.

It was no assumption, Harry. From the OP's Header:

From the WinXPx64's Outlook Express' Help/About:
6.00.3790.1830(srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm