Who do we contact with suggested name for 'Longhorn'

CJSnet

      9th Dec 2003
We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of Microsoft
'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development of
this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong for
us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.

Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
(non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is to
contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the right
hands.

Thanks in advance.
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Chris Lanier

      9th Dec 2003
How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

"CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of Microsoft
> 'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development of
> this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong

for
> us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
>
> Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
> (non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is to
> contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the right
> hands.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

CJSnet

      9th Dec 2003
Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning I
don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
compensating me
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

"Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

> "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of

Microsoft
> > 'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development

of
> > this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong

> for
> > us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
> >
> > Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
> > (non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is

> > contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the right
> > hands.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > CJSnet
> >
> > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

Chris Lanier

      9th Dec 2003
Hi, i would think Microsoft already has a company or someone inside the
comapny they pay to come up with names. Microsoft Wish is your best choice,
you are not going to get a conversation with anyone high enough up that it
would matter.

"CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning I
> don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
> compensating me
> --
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
>
> "Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

> > "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of

> Microsoft
> > > 'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development

> of
> > > this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too

strong
> > for
> > > us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
> > >
> > > Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
> > > (non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is

> > > contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the

right
> > > hands.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > --
> > > CJSnet
> > >
> > > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

William Gower

      10th Dec 2003
You could always call Bill Gates directly at 1-800-IAM-RICH.

"Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, i would think Microsoft already has a company or someone inside the
> comapny they pay to come up with names. Microsoft Wish is your best

choice,
> you are not going to get a conversation with anyone high enough up that it
> would matter.
>
> "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning

> > don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
> > compensating me
> > --
> > CJSnet
> >
> > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
> >
> > "Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

> > > "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Microsoft

development
> > of

> strong
> > > for

NDA

is

> right

CJSnet

      10th Dec 2003
"Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, i would think Microsoft already has a company or someone inside the
> comapny they pay to come up with names. Microsoft Wish is your best

choice,
> you are not going to get a conversation with anyone high enough up that it
> would matter.

I'll take that as a challenge! Oh yes I will!

Their department hasn't come up with the name I have. What I need to know
is the name of the Manager of that department.
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

> "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning

> > don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
> > compensating me
> > --
> > CJSnet
> >
> > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
> >
> > "Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

> > > "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Microsoft

development
> > of

> strong
> > > for

NDA

is

> right

Gary Tait

      10th Dec 2003
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:53:41 -0000, "CJSnet"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of Microsoft
>'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development of
>this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong for
>us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
>
>Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
>(non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is to
>contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the right
>hands.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Why? Longhorn is production code name, not the release name. I'm sure
their marketing folks can come up with something on their own, without
having to PAY and outside company to name it on spec.

David Candy

      10th Dec 2003
They don't look at it and if you send it in without their request they take all rights to it (they don't want to know).

They've changed it slightly

UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY.
MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES DO NOT ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES, DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN MICROSOFT'S PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO MICROSOFT. SO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO MICROSOFT OR ANYONE AT MICROSOFT. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MICROSOFT MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.

http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm
"CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning I
> don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
> compensating me
> --
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
>
> "Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
> >

> http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1
> >
> > "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of

> Microsoft
> > > 'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development

> of
> > > this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too strong

> > for
> > > us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
> > >
> > > Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
> > > (non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is

> > > contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the right
> > > hands.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > --
> > > CJSnet
> > >
> > > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

CJSnet

      11th Dec 2003
Thanks David, but;

1) Where did you get this? URL would help.

2) "Unsolicited" is not what I am after. I want the contact name that I
can send an NDA requesting their permission to submit an idea, thus making
it 'solicited'.

Microsoft have given me 2 contact points at the Corporate Office so it looks
like they are open to it. I'm following those up, but any other info would
be appreciated.

Thanks again.
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

"David Candy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
They don't look at it and if you send it in without their request they take
all rights to it (they don't want to know).

They've changed it slightly

UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION POLICY.
MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES DO NOT ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED
IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, NEW
PRODUCTS OR TECHNOLOGIES, PROCESSES, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW
PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES,
DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL
MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN MICROSOFT'S PRODUCTS OR MARKETING
STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO MICROSOFT. SO, PLEASE DO
NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO MICROSOFT OR ANYONE AT MICROSOFT. IF,
DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL
SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MICROSOFT MAKES NO ASSURANCES THAT YOUR
IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.

http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm
"CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. Was looking for something two-way, rather than one-way, meaning I
> don't want to just send the suggestion and have them use it without
> compensating me
> --
> CJSnet
>
> (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)
>
> "Chris Lanier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program

http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

> > "CJSnet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > We have a particularly strong idea for the final product name of

> Microsoft
> > > 'Longhorn'. My company already deals with product concept development

> of
> > > this nature, and our idea works on so many levels that it is too

strong
> > for
> > > us to ignore and not forward to Microsoft.
> > >
> > > Please can you advise how we should go about setting up an initial NDA
> > > (non-disclosure agreement) and who the very best and correct person is

> > > contact at Microsoft, in order to get this potential name into the

right
> > > hands.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > --
> > > CJSnet
> > >
> > > (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)

CJSnet

      11th Dec 2003
If you were Microsoft, and you had a name in mind, then someone came along
with a better name, would you pay for it? Or perhaps you're saying they
can't afford it
--
CJSnet

(Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.)