How do I unlock the number's keyboard?

=?Utf-8?B?VGhvcm50b24=?=

      28th Sep 2007
The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
to the previous cell up.

Ron de Bruin

      28th Sep 2007
Hi Thornton

Press the Num lock key on your keyboard

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Thornton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
> Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
> to the previous cell up.

=?Utf-8?B?R2FyeScncyBTdHVkZW50?=

      28th Sep 2007
If the NUMLOCK key does not function for both Excel and othre applications,
then the keyboard is probably defective:

First try a different keyboard - if the substitute keyboard works, replace
your defective one.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

"Thornton" wrote:

> The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
> Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
> to the previous cell up.

Ron Coderre

      28th Sep 2007
This may be too easy...but...

Have you tried pressing the NumLock key to engage the numbers?

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Thornton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
> Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the
> cursor
> to the previous cell up.

=?Utf-8?B?VGhvcm50b24=?=

      28th Sep 2007
The numbers at the top of the keyboard work. It's the numbers on the right
side of the keyboard that seemed locked. Please help and thanks!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> If the NUMLOCK key does not function for both Excel and othre applications,
> then the keyboard is probably defective:
>
> First try a different keyboard - if the substitute keyboard works, replace
> your defective one.
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200747
>

> "Thornton" wrote:
>
> > The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
> > Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
> > to the previous cell up.

Peo Sjoblom

      28th Sep 2007
Have you pressed the numlock key?