How do i unlock my document, because i cannot type?

=?Utf-8?B?QmVja3k=?=

      7th Feb 2005
I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Jay Freedman

      7th Feb 2005
Becky wrote:
> I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom
> of the screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the
> document is locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Hi Becky,

What happens if you select Help > Activate Product?

If it says the software is already activated, then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

=?Utf-8?B?c2hhbWlyMDYy?=

      13th Feb 2005

"Becky" wrote:

> I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
> screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
> locked, how do I get it unlocked?

=?Utf-8?B?R3JldGNoZW4=?=

      6th Mar 2005

"shamir062" wrote:

> "Becky" wrote:
>
> > I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
> > screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
> > locked, how do I get it unlocked?

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9sbHk=?=

      23rd Mar 2005

"Becky" wrote:

> I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
> screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
> locked, how do I get it unlocked?

=?Utf-8?B?cHBhdWxhMw==?=

      7th Apr 2005

"Gretchen" wrote:

> "shamir062" wrote:
>

> > "Becky" wrote:
> >
> > > I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
> > > screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
> > > locked, how do I get it unlocked?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZXBo?=

      26th Apr 2005

Dear Microsoft, I cannot type anything on the Word Document.

The Key board just could work on the Word document.

Please tell me what to do

Thanks!

Joseph

=?Utf-8?B?TFQ=?=

      4th Jun 2005

"Becky" wrote:

> I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
> screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
> locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      4th Jun 2005
Either you have not activated Word, or it is a trial version that has
expired. See “Frequently asked questions about the Office Activation Wizard
and reduced-functionality mode in Office 2003” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827291 and/or “How to convert a Office
2003 Trial Edition to a Full Retail Edition” at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"LT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Becky" wrote:
>
> > I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of

the
> > screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
> > locked, how do I get it unlocked?

=?Utf-8?B?d2Fuc2ll?=

      21st Jun 2005