How do I uninstall Active directory in Windows 2003 if server will not boot in normal mode?

RO_UK

      9th Sep 2006
Hi all,
I hope someone can help....

I have my exchange server 2003 running on the second domain controller
with Windows 2003

installed.
My first domain controller (windows 2003) is running fine. However the
active directory is

corrupt on my exchange server and " I get error Directory Services
cannot start...Error

status Oxc00002E1.... Please click OK to shut down this system....
http://support/microsoft.com/kb/258062 applies here.
I have tried everything in the article but still end up with corrupt
AD.
I only want my Exchange server back on line so loosing AD on this
server is no problem.
Does anyone know how to remove AD manually or otherwise because DCPROMO
will not run in AD

Services restore mode and I cannot login successfuly into the server
anyother way. If it

helps, I have another partition that I have now install Windows 2003
and I can access the

original boot partition as well as the main DC
thanks

Paul Bergson

      11th Sep 2006
You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your best
bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another server and
recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove Exchange then dcpromo this
DC.

I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup in on
this, check the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179

--
Paul Bergson
MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSi

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

"RO_UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I hope someone can help....
>
> I have my exchange server 2003 running on the second domain controller
> with Windows 2003
>
> installed.
> My first domain controller (windows 2003) is running fine. However the
> active directory is
>
> corrupt on my exchange server and " I get error Directory Services
> cannot start...Error
>
> status Oxc00002E1.... Please click OK to shut down this system....
> http://support/microsoft.com/kb/258062 applies here.
> I have tried everything in the article but still end up with corrupt
> AD.
> I only want my Exchange server back on line so loosing AD on this
> server is no problem.
> Does anyone know how to remove AD manually or otherwise because DCPROMO
> will not run in AD
>
> Services restore mode and I cannot login successfuly into the server
> anyother way. If it
>
> helps, I have another partition that I have now install Windows 2003
> and I can access the
>
> original boot partition as well as the main DC
> thanks

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      11th Sep 2006
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Paul Bergson <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> typed:
> You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your
> best bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another
> server and recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove Exchange
> then dcpromo this DC.
>
> I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup in
> on this, check the link below.

The poster has several replies (one of which is mine) to this identical
message in the m.p.windows.server.active_directory group.

<snip>

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iYmlu?=

      11th Sep 2006
Or try umove from utools

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your best
> bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another server and
> recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove Exchange then dcpromo this
> DC.
>
> I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup in on
> this, check the link below.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSi
> 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
>
> "RO_UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > I hope someone can help....
> >
> > I have my exchange server 2003 running on the second domain controller
> > with Windows 2003
> >
> > installed.
> > My first domain controller (windows 2003) is running fine. However the
> > active directory is
> >
> > corrupt on my exchange server and " I get error Directory Services
> > cannot start...Error
> >
> > status Oxc00002E1.... Please click OK to shut down this system....
> > http://support/microsoft.com/kb/258062 applies here.
> > I have tried everything in the article but still end up with corrupt
> > AD.
> > I only want my Exchange server back on line so loosing AD on this
> > server is no problem.
> > Does anyone know how to remove AD manually or otherwise because DCPROMO
> > will not run in AD
> >
> > Services restore mode and I cannot login successfuly into the server
> > anyother way. If it
> >
> > helps, I have another partition that I have now install Windows 2003
> > and I can access the
> >
> > original boot partition as well as the main DC
> > thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iYmlu?=

      11th Sep 2006

"Paul Bergson" wrote:

> You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your best
> bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another server and
> recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove Exchange then dcpromo this
> DC.
>
> I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup in on
> this, check the link below.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSi
> 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
>
> "RO_UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > I hope someone can help....
> >
> > I have my exchange server 2003 running on the second domain controller
> > with Windows 2003
> >
> > installed.
> > My first domain controller (windows 2003) is running fine. However the
> > active directory is
> >
> > corrupt on my exchange server and " I get error Directory Services
> > cannot start...Error
> >
> > status Oxc00002E1.... Please click OK to shut down this system....
> > http://support/microsoft.com/kb/258062 applies here.
> > I have tried everything in the article but still end up with corrupt
> > AD.
> > I only want my Exchange server back on line so loosing AD on this
> > server is no problem.
> > Does anyone know how to remove AD manually or otherwise because DCPROMO
> > will not run in AD
> >
> > Services restore mode and I cannot login successfuly into the server
> > anyother way. If it
> >
> > helps, I have another partition that I have now install Windows 2003
> > and I can access the
> >
> > original boot partition as well as the main DC
> > thanks

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      11th Sep 2006
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Robbin <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> Or try umove from utools

I don't believe that's officially supported by MS.

> "Paul Bergson" wrote:
>
>> You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your
>> best bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another
>> server and recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove
>> Exchange then dcpromo this DC.
>>
>> I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup
>> in on this, check the link below.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179
>>
>> --
>> Paul Bergson
>> MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSi
>> 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT
>>
>> http://www.pbbergs.com
>>
>> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
>> rights.
>>
>> "RO_UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi all,
>>> I hope someone can help....
>>>
>>> I have my exchange server 2003 running on the second domain
>>> controller with Windows 2003
>>>
>>> installed.
>>> My first domain controller (windows 2003) is running fine. However
>>> the active directory is
>>>
>>> corrupt on my exchange server and " I get error Directory Services
>>> cannot start...Error
>>>
>>> status Oxc00002E1.... Please click OK to shut down this system....
>>> http://support/microsoft.com/kb/258062 applies here.
>>> I have tried everything in the article but still end up with corrupt
>>> AD.
>>> I only want my Exchange server back on line so loosing AD on this
>>> server is no problem.
>>> Does anyone know how to remove AD manually or otherwise because
>>> DCPROMO will not run in AD
>>>
>>> Services restore mode and I cannot login successfuly into the server
>>> anyother way. If it
>>>
>>> helps, I have another partition that I have now install Windows 2003
>>> and I can access the
>>>
>>> original boot partition as well as the main DC
>>> thanks

Hank Arnold (MVP)

      3rd May 2009
yenugulakishorekumar wrote:
> When iam trying to uninstall my active directory iam getting "The server
> is unwilling to process the request"error

Need more information. What do you mean by "uninstall my active
directory"?? What steps are you trying to take?

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP - DS]

      4th May 2009
see:
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge...ting-a-DC.aspx

--

Cheers,
(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

# Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Identity & Access - Directory Services #

BLOG (WEB-BASED)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
BLOG (RSS-FEEDS)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/rss.aspx
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

"yenugulakishorekumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> When iam trying to uninstall my active directory iam getting "The server
> is unwilling to process the request"error
>

> --
> yenugulakishorekumar
> yenugulakishorekumar's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/members/84988.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-2...ory/583825.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

> signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

http://www.eset.com

New Member

      18th Oct 2011
hi all,

I wanna share what i got

I have had similar problem before and, if I remember well, I tried
restarting the server and ensured that it wasnt being accessed by the other
controllers in the forest.

Then I used the dcpromo /forceremoval
which gracefully demoted the server afterwards.

You should try and use the /forceremoval

You could also check the internet link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/defau [...] 99&sd=tech

Hope this is helpful.

for more details please visit http://www.techyv.com/questions/step...tive-directory