how do i unblock activex component

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

      3rd Jul 2005
i need to unblock an unsigned activeX component ("axiscamcontrol.ocx") for an
Axis Camera Control. the publisher's certificate is expired and IE will not
allow the activeX component to load. have tried adjusting manage-add-on
settings and have enabled activeX security settings, but no luck. can anyone
help?

thanks.

Tom Pepper Willett

      3rd Jul 2005
Scott:

Try putting the site into your trusted internet zones.

Tom
"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|i need to unblock an unsigned activeX component ("axiscamcontrol.ocx") for
an
| Axis Camera Control. the publisher's certificate is expired and IE will
not
| allow the activeX component to load. have tried adjusting manage-add-on
| settings and have enabled activeX security settings, but no luck. can
anyone
| help?
|
| thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

      4th Jul 2005
tried that earlier, but no luck. even in a trusted zone IE won't allow the
activex component to load because the certificate/signature is missing.

"Tom Pepper Willett" wrote:

> Scott:
>
> Try putting the site into your trusted internet zones.
>
> Tom
> "Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> |i need to unblock an unsigned activeX component ("axiscamcontrol.ocx") for
> an
> | Axis Camera Control. the publisher's certificate is expired and IE will
> not
> | allow the activeX component to load. have tried adjusting manage-add-on
> | settings and have enabled activeX security settings, but no luck. can
> anyone
> | help?
> |
> | thanks.

Jon Kennedy

      6th Jul 2005
Did you get that control from here?
http://www.axis.com/products/camera_...CamControl.ocx
If so, or you already have it on your system, find the file, right click on
it and choose Properties. On the General tab, click the "Unblock" button.
--

Jon R. Kennedy
Charlotte, NC, USA